Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
81 - 100 of 106 Posts

·
Premium Member
Sold
5,968 Posts
Is there any current info on these mirrors. I would love to have these.
I have a set of power folding mirrors that I bought for this mod but I decided against it. I will let the pair go for $140 shipped to the US mainland 48 states.

·
Registered
2007 TrailblazerSS
125 Posts
I have a couple sets of these wiring harnesses almost complete I just need to get a couple more DPDT relays together and they would be ready if you guys are interested. You would have to get the mirrors yourself. I have sent a wiring kit and DIY write up out to RETRO as he offered to be the test dummy to show that the kit I assembled works but he has been occupied with the addition he is building on his house to install it yet. I have had this MOD done on my truck for about a year now. Pretty cool, functions well. It involves some DIY wiring know how and door panel removal but overall its pretty easy. I could send out my DIY Install Write up out if anyone wants to take a look at it to see if it is something you would want to tackle and then we could talk about the wiring. Let me know.

·
Premium Member
Sold
5,968 Posts
I have a couple sets of these wiring harnesses almost complete I just need to get a couple more DPDT relays together and they would be ready if you guys are interested. You would have to get the mirrors yourself. I have sent a wiring kit and DIY write up out to RETRO as he offered to be the test dummy to show that the kit I assembled works but he has been occupied with the addition he is building on his house to install it yet. I have had this MOD done on my truck for about a year now. Pretty cool, functions well. It involves some DIY wiring know how and door panel removal but overall its pretty easy. I could send out my DIY Write up out if anyone wants to take a look at it to see if it is something you would want to tackle and then we could talk about the wiring. Let me know.

I would be interested in see in the DIY wiring diagram. I can also guinea pig the setup if needed. PM sent.

·
Registered
2007 TrailblazerSS
125 Posts
To be clear it is just a DIY Write of what is involved in installing the wiring harness into the truck, not a DIY Write up of how to make the wiring harness itself.

·
Registered
06 TrailblazerSS AWD
43 Posts
Folding mirrors

David I would be interested in the info. on what is involved. If it is not to complicated I would like to try the install later, your price seems reasonable.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
162 Posts
I'd be interested in seeing what it takes to make the power fold function work as well. It's something I miss from my F-150 and would love to have on the TBSS.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
5 Posts
You also have to use the folding mirror specific mirror control switch (the switch/knob on your door panel) as this is what 'parks' the mirrors. P/N 15123258 (light grey in color) I don't have the ebony color part number. Maybe one of the GM parts guys can find it.
I'm in

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,957 Posts
This thread cracks me up..lol You seriously cant reach outside your truck and fold the mirrors in by hand??? How often would you do that anyways.?. There's gotta be something better to spend your money on... sorry, but had to ask..

·
Jedi Knight
Saab 9-7x Aero
510 Posts
Anyone do this mod yet an do a write up of it? I'm interested how this worked out.
Can I skin the painted parts off my mirror an add the smoked blinker cover and put them on the aftermarket mirror you linked to on eBay?

No one do this mod? Have any info?

·
Jedi Knight
Saab 9-7x Aero
510 Posts
Bump

·
Jedi Knight
Saab 9-7x Aero
510 Posts
Anyone? Mirrors still working?

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
364 Posts
Yes you can reuse the skin and lens to install them in the power folding mirrors on EBay. I fold mine every time I pull into the garage. Black shadow did a write on this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Jedi Knight
Saab 9-7x Aero
510 Posts
I saw the write up in the post but I have a Saab 97x Aero. Basically a 3ss TBSS, I was hoping for someone to do the write up based off the 3ss version as it was supposed to be a bit easier as most of the wiring was already there from what I read.

81 - 100 of 106 Posts