Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
61 - 80 of 106 Posts

·
Got LEDs?
Trailblazer LED EXT
128 Posts
Here's another wiring diagram for reference. It looks like those wires in your stock mirror are the horizontal, and vertical position signals, and a low reference signal.

·
Premium Member
Sold
5,968 Posts
Here's another wiring diagram for reference. It looks like those wires in your stock mirror are the horizontal, and vertical position signals, and a low reference signal.

THANKS! I have leave it torn apart for now since I don't have time this afternoon to continue turning wrenches. I will dig a little deeper next week.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
60 Posts
I still think it's weird that the stock mirror has 11 wires on the connector. And these have 9 .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
Sold
5,968 Posts
^^^agreed but we can figure this out

·
Got LEDs?
Trailblazer LED EXT
128 Posts
I believe the low reference and position signals are used with trim levels that have memory mirrors. Unless you have, and use, those features, you don't need to sweat it.

·
Registered
2007 TrailblazerSS
125 Posts
Well I finally got around to pulling my mulitmeter out to test my mirrors. It turns out the problem was not burned up mirror motors. Origionally thought one of the DPDT went bad but it turns out it was a bad diode. Cheap fix, finally back to functioning properly

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
60 Posts
Well I finally got around to pulling my mulitmeter out to test my mirrors. It turns out the problem was not burned up mirror motors. Origionally thought one of the DPDT went bad but it turns out it was a bad diode. Cheap fix, finally back to functioning properly
Which mirrors are you using?

·
Premium Member
Sold
5,968 Posts
I haven't had a chance to mess with these mirrors yet as I have been on vacation and installing a methanol kit. Hopefully in the next week or so.

·
Registered
2007 TrailblazerSS
125 Posts
I honestly can't remember how many wires they came with, the ones you need to be concerned about are the White/Yellow and White/Red. Those provide the power to the mirror motor.

·
Registered
2007 TrailblazerSS
125 Posts
Is there an interest in putting a kit together that would encompass all the wiring and relays involved in making these power folding mirrors functional? I would not be opposed to making these kits if there was enough interest on the forum to make it cost efficient to buy the supplies in bulk. I have completed this mod on my truck and I did not think it was too complicated. I have a background in the auto electronics field which helped me have a basic understanding of how the relays, diodes, etc work. Anyone who is interested needs to understand that it would involve a little but of DIY in taking your door panels off and also running wires through the door boot, along with basic wiring capabilities. If there is no interest thats fine, I just thought I would throw the idea out there. Thanks

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
3,002 Posts
David, I would be up for a DIY kit.

·
Registered
2007 TrailblazerSS
125 Posts
I took the time to search all the parts I would need IF I got enough interest and was able to buy in bulk. **Please keep in mind that this will take some knowledge and ability to take the door panels off and simple wiring and also running a couple wires through the door boots to the mirrors** The Install will be at your own risk but I will provide as much information as I can on the DIY write up to make it as easy as possible. I will test each set up out on my truck before I ship them to make sure they function properly. I've had the mod completed on my truck for a while now and they work great. Very cool feature. (1) Auto Folding Only = Mirrors open when key is turned to ignition, Mirrors close when key is removed from ignition, (2) Auto Folding & Manual Folding = Mirrors open when key is turned to ignition, Mirrors close when key is removed from ignition AND Mirrors can be Power Folded by using the OEM Manual Switch already in our truck.. (Involves wiring in an extra DPDT Relay and four extra DIY wire hookups for you located in the driver side door panel) I personally never use the manual switch but it might be useful for some of you guys.

Option 1 : (Auto Folding Only) : $150/Shipped **Wiring Kit Only** Includes All components (relays, Etc.) and wiring needed to hook up the power folding mirrors. DIY Write up including pictures on how to hook mirrors up to the Truck.

Option 2 : (Auto Folding & Manual Folding) : $175/Shipped **Wiring Kit Only** Includes All components (relays, Etc.) and wiring needed to hook up the power folding mirrors. DIY Write up including pictures on how to hook mirrors up to the Truck.

Let me know what you guys think. Any input or questions welcome. Thanks

·
Premium Member
TrailBlazer SS AWD
4,063 Posts
One day I'll install my Power Folding Mirrors. I bought a set of Stockers, stripped them of all the wiring I needed to transfer over the Directional Bulbs and Painted Mirror Backs.

·
Premium Member
Sold
5,968 Posts
I took the time to search all the parts I would need IF I got enough interest and was able to buy in bulk. **Please keep in mind that this will take some knowledge and ability to take the door panels off and simple wiring and also running a couple wires through the door boots to the mirrors** The Install will be at your own risk but I will provide as much information as I can on the DIY write up to make it as easy as possible. I will test each set up out on my truck before I ship them to make sure they function properly. I've had the mod completed on my truck for a while now and they work great. Very cool feature. **You will also have to switch out the painted plastic piece when the mirror arrives but I will provide a DIY with pictures for that as well, very easy, involves about 5 clips** I am thinking I could do these in two ways, (1) Auto Folding Only = Mirrors open when key is turned to ignition, Mirrors close when key is removed from ignition, (2) Auto Folding & Manual Folding = Mirrors open when key is turned to ignition, Mirrors close when key is removed from ignition AND Mirrors can be Power Folded by using the OEM Manual Switch already in our truck.. (Involves wiring in an extra DPDT Relay and four extra DIY wire hookups for you located in the driver side door panel) I personally never use the manual switch but it might be useful for some of you guys.

The price point would likely be as follows:

Option 1 (Auto Folding Only) : $325/Shipped - Includes Two (RH/LH) Power Folding Mirrors, All components (relays, Etc.) and wiring needed to hook up the power folding mirrors. DIY Write up including pictures on how to hook mirrors up to the Truck. (You will have to switch out the Clear Turn signal Lenses with your own since these mirrors come with an Amber Plastic Cover where the lense goes)

Option 2 (Auto Folding Only) : $425/Shipped - Included Two (RH/LH) Power Folding Mirrors, All Componenets (relays, Etc.) and wiring needed to hook up the power folding mirrors. **Includes New Clear Corner Turn Signal Lenses installed** DIY Write up Including pictures on how to hook the mirrors up to the Truck.

Option 3 (Auto Folding & Manual Folding) : $375/Shipped - Includes Two (RH/LH) Power Folding Mirrors, All components (relays, Etc.) and wiring needed to hook up the power folding mirrors. DIY Write up including pictures on how to hook mirrors up to the Truck. (You will have to switch out the Clear Turn signal Lenses with your own since these mirrors come with an Amber Plastic Cover where the lense goes)

Option 4 (Auto Folding & Manual Folding): $475/Shipped - Included Two (RH/LH) Power Folding Mirrors, All Componenets (relays, Etc.) and wiring needed to hook up the power folding mirrors. **Includes New Clear Corner Turn Signal Lenses installed** DIY Write up Including pictures on how to hook the mirrors up to the Truck.

Let me know what you guys think. Any input or questions welcome. Thanks
I already have the mirrors but haven't had time to work on the wiring. Interested in making a wiring kit only? I'll by your guinea pig and provide feedback on the installation / take pics along the way for added details. Let me know.

·
Registered
2007 TrailblazerSS
125 Posts
Option 5 : (Auto Folding Only) : $150/Shipped **Wiring Kit Only** Includes All components (relays, Etc.) and wiring needed to hook up the power folding mirrors. DIY Write up including pictures on how to hook mirrors up to the Truck.

Option 5 : (Auto Folding & Manual Folding) : $175/Shipped **Wiring Kit Only** Includes All components (relays, Etc.) and wiring needed to hook up the power folding mirrors. DIY Write up including pictures on how to hook mirrors up to the Truck.

·
Registered
2007 TrailblazerSS
125 Posts
*Correction*

Option 5 : (Auto Folding Only) : $150/Shipped **Wiring Kit Only** Includes All components (relays, Etc.) and wiring needed to hook up the power folding mirrors. DIY Write up including pictures on how to hook mirrors up to the Truck.

Option 6 : (Auto Folding & Manual Folding) : $175/Shipped **Wiring Kit Only** Includes All components (relays, Etc.) and wiring needed to hook up the power folding mirrors. DIY Write up including pictures on how to hook mirrors up to the Truck.

61 - 80 of 106 Posts