Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Premium Member
06 RWD Whitey
6,023 Posts
Something I would like to do as well. I think he did this mod a couple years ago.
I have the thread bookmarked and one of these days plan on going back and doing it.
I miss this option, I had them on my Tahoe.

·
Premium Member
2006 white 2wd
3,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This was not an option in the US. My understanding is everything is plug and play except the power folding. There are two wires on the mirror that need to be wired to a switch and some relays to allow for the option to work.

·
Premium Member
2006 white 2wd
3,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just order my set of mirrors from Partstrain and used a coupon code (PTCARE = $7.05) and the total cost was $144.02 including shipping. Let the modding begin...

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,787 Posts
Ensuing to see this done

·
stupid white guy
TrailblazerSS
4,887 Posts
Only problem I would have is the relays and all that jazz. I do have some electrical schematic training, but on airplanes, and usually 24 volt, which is a little different with relays.

Thanks, looking forward to it as I'm sure a lot of us are.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
374 Posts
can't wait to see a write up! Had them on my Avalanche and they were very handy, I was disappointed when I found out the TBSS didn't have them.

·
Premium Member
TrailBlazer SS AWD
4,063 Posts
I bought those power folding mirrors and drew up my own schematics a few years ago. I figured out my wiring and and how to make it all work with the factory switch, but never sat down and built the box to control it. One of the main reasons I haven't done it yet is because I need an extra set of stock mirrors with the heater and directions built in so that I can take them apart and not worry about ruining my stock set. You know, just in case I broke anything during the dismantling process. Also the Power folding mirror I bought don't have the directionals built into them either, so i'd need anther set to strip those parts out and custom fit into the new ones. Even used sets of mirrors on eBay are about $100, and i'm not interested in spending that kind of money for this feature. My design wouldn't make these automatic folding, but with a little thought i'm sure it could me done.

I read through the entire 7 pages of the trailvoy thread and noticed that Jetttstream had mentioned making a box to control these. I wonder what happened?

·
Registered
344 Posts
Anyone made any progress on this, have been looking into doing this for mine since my wife just got a new Acadia Denali this weekend and it's so nice to hit a button and not have to worry about pulling in and out of the garage.

·
Premium Member
2006 white 2wd
3,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have the power mirrors and the wrong switch sitting here. I have the correct switch "in the mail". Stay tuned...

·
Registered
344 Posts
So my stock mirrors do not have the turn signal, or heated mirror part. Can those two options also be used and add the power folding mirrors?

What mirrors are people buying to retro, there appear to be a ton on ebay but not sure which ones people have used or recommend.

·
Premium Member
'07 TBSS 1SS
3,353 Posts
You also have to use the folding mirror specific mirror control switch (the switch/knob on your door panel) as this is what 'parks' the mirrors. P/N 15123258 (light grey in color) I don't have the ebony color part number. Maybe one of the GM parts guys can find it.

·
Premium Member
2008 Imperial Blue
4,473 Posts
Jesse, you going to put a kit together?

1 - 20 of 106 Posts