Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Ive been toying with the idea of powder coating the stock rims and it looks like that is a popular trend around here. What are you guys paying for the stock rims to be powdercoated. Ive had a couple estimates and they are all over the place.

Anyone recommend a shop in the Indianapolis area?

·
Just a noob
TrailblazerSS
6,206 Posts
I had mine coated twice as in double coats, for $50 a rim. I went to a big industrial place and they took a few days because they could only fit a small job in on there downtime.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,747 Posts
I did a smoke over PC chrome and was ~100 per wheel.
Make sure they are coating the ENTIRE wheel not just the facing.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
197 Posts
When I had the 18s done on my old car I went to arrow powder coating on New York street. That was a few years ago though. I'd go again. Indy powder coat is overpriced and they're assholes over there

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS AWD
1,795 Posts
The place by me charged 125$ per wheel for anything over 18's.

If you bring then just the wheel, (so they don't have to remove then reinstall and rebalanced tire) it's 75$ a wheel.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,747 Posts
The place by me charged 125$ per wheel for anything over 18's.

If you bring then just the wheel, (so they don't have to remove then reinstall and rebalanced tire) it's 75$ a wheel.
I guess I shouldve noted that. Mine was ~100 and include double PC and remounting/balancing for an 18/19" combo

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS AWD
1,697 Posts
if you don't want to have your SS down & idle while getting the powdercoating done, you might want to check out US Wheel Exchange.... they do a wheel exchange program.
you can choose between PC chrome or PC black chrome both look excellent. had the
PC chrome on my SS (for 2 yrs - year round in the Northeast) before I traded it in & as
long as you treat them like you treat your SS paint you be fine.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
16 Posts
About $75 a wheel here, that's a loose rim (no tire).

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
3,505 Posts
$50 a wheel is what I paid. And that was just bare rims that I spent about 4-6 hours bead blasting before I dropped them off. $75-$100 is pretty good for un-prepped rims I think. You don't realize why the cost to PC things is so high until you do all the prep work yourself.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,957 Posts
from places ive checked here in Florida its been about $100-$125 per wheel, unprepped.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts