Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hope you guys can give me some advice I'm looking at an 06 aws with leather and nav. It has 71xxx mi and is in pretty decent shape. I mostly am going to use it for a driver I currently have a 98 5.9 limited grand cherokee which I'll sell. I was interested in replacing it with an srt8 GC but the prices are a bit much for a driver. My question is, is there anythng I should look for in the way of inherent problems with these or am I pretty safe from major issues, trannys etc?
Also I noticed the exhaust is pretty loud, allmost annoying. Is that normal?

any advice is greatly appreciated.

Rich

·
Premium Member
07 TrailblazerSS Imp
9,386 Posts
Hope you guys can give me some advice I'm looking at an 06 aws with leather and nav. It has 71xxx mi and is in pretty decent shape. I mostly am going to use it for a driver I currently have a 98 5.9 limited grand cherokee which I'll sell. I was interested in replacing it with an srt8 GC but the prices are a bit much for a driver. My question is, is there anythng I should look for in the way of inherent problems with these or am I pretty safe from major issues, trannys etc?
Also I noticed the exhaust is pretty loud, allmost annoying. Is that normal?

any advice is greatly appreciated.

Rich
Trans would be the biggest concern although for peeps like me, it has not been a problem with 62K on it. Put a cooler on it to save trans wear. The exhaust must be modded if its loud. Does it have the rear resonator still? As for the price, what are you looking at paying for it? Mid teens?

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it's going to be somewhere between 14,500 and 15000. the exhaust is definately original, just wondered if they had a tendency to fall apart inside, took it for a ride the other day and just thought the exhaust made it sound cheesy.

·
Premium Member
2006 TBSS (LT Based)
5,973 Posts
Are you sure that truck still has the original muffler? IMHO the factory exhaust shouldn't sound cheesy at all. Good luck with your search.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
808 Posts
Are you sure that truck still has the original muffler? IMHO the factory exhaust shouldn't sound cheesy at all. Good luck with your search.
I agree. Factory exhaust sounds good, it's not too loud. Something is not right or it's probably not original.

·
Willy M'Fn Wonka
07 Trailblazer SS
7,244 Posts
Buying humans is immoral and illegal. Why not just buy the ss, instead of it's new owner?

·
Willy M'Fn Wonka
07 Trailblazer SS
7,244 Posts
it's going to be somewhere between 14,500 and 15000.
So it's a beat up piece of crap, has a dumbass owner, or you are living in fantasy land..or a combination there of....

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So it's a beat up piece of crap, has a dumbass owner, or you are living in fantasy land..or a combination there of....
Seriously?

I didn't come here for this stupidity, The guy who owns it just wants out of the loan, if I pay it off it's mine. as far as condition the interior is mint, there's not a ding in the doors but there is a scratch on the tailgate near the wiper arm. also it's going to need tires soon.

·
Premium Member
2006 TBSS (LT Based)
5,973 Posts
I'm absolutely positive it's the original exhaust
Well maybe it needs a new muffler or needs the resonator removed, because the stock has a nice sound to it.

Seriously?

I didn't come here for this stupidity, The guy who owns it just wants out of the loan, if I pay it off it's mine. as far as condition the interior is mint, there's not a ding in the doors but there is a scratch on the tailgate near the wiper arm. also it's going to need tires soon.
Bro, If you want the truck I say go for it. It doesn't sound like a bad deal. It just sounds like it needs a little attention.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts