Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2007 TrailblazerSS
5,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone done this themselves? I believe I could port with my dremel, but want to make sure I'm not going to F anything up (maybe get a donor?)

·
Premium Member
06 RWD Whitey
6,023 Posts
I am going to try this myself. However, I have heard in a couple spots it is very easy to remove to much material and end up going through...

·
Premium Member
2007 TrailblazerSS
5,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm, in that case, does anyone know a place that will do a core swap for a ported one? D/D doesn't need to be dead, haha.

·
moar cowbell
Trailblazer
6,426 Posts
Subscribing to this. I would love to do this myself as well, but if someone w/ more exp can do it without charging an arm and a leg id be down for that too.

·
Premium Member
07 Imperial 1SS 2wd
2,625 Posts
Bucket has a set of ported manifolds and they are also coated.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,945 Posts
Are we talking intake or exhaust manifolds?

Cory @ ls2portworks does intake manifolds and I believe he offers core exchanges

·
Premium Member
2007 TrailblazerSS
5,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Email sent, thanks Miquel and I'll keep you guys posted. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm headed to see Bucket's setup...

No luck, where is the thread?

·
Premium Member
2007 TrailblazerSS
5,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
LS2Portworks email to me. I've decided against doing anything right now because of $$$ to power gains ratio for my engine.

I do offer a core program. Cost would be...

$175 Refundable core fee
$405 Intake porting with one way shipping (FEDEX Ground)
$25 Return core shipping (prepaid FEDEX ground slip)
------------
$605 up front cost with $175 refunded when your good core is returned to me

·
moar cowbell
Trailblazer
6,426 Posts
i'd still like to hear from someone who's done this themselves.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,159 Posts
I did mine about a year ago,I cut the top off and opened up the top section,cleaned up the runners a little and epoxied it back together.
It was a royal PIA to get the top off and almost as bad to get it sealed back up.It worked well but was damned ugly.
It would be worth every penny to have Cory port it out over the aggravation i went though to do it my self.

In the end i went with the Edelbrock and couldn't be happier:idhitit:

·
XPTBSS
TrailblazerSS
4,249 Posts
Yeah we been working on a ported TBSS intake for some time. The top removal can be a pain in the ass. It will be definitely easier the next time around. The best way to put the top back on is plastic welding though as we found out the hard way due to a few small vacuum leaks with the epoxy.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
111 Posts
this looks like something i can use in my other truck..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts