Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS AWD
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at getting an LSXRT for my bolt on/cammed truck. (headers, rob cam, efans, 4"FWI w/ LS7 MAF) Stock Throttle body, unported.

I know its low bang for buck as far as HP goes. But eventually when I stroke it and go heads cam, itll help out. So I want to do it now.

Getting it ported worth anything on an NA/stock cubes truck? Will it hurt performance over stock lsxrt, or just not be a gain?

Opinions?

·
making friends daily
07 TrailblazerSS AWD
9,331 Posts
Here's my opinion, my stock cube cam only setup is built for really only one reason. My intake manifold is ported lol

Getting it port matched after you do a better set of heads will help out even more. Right now, I'm pretty sure my intake will more than outflow what the stock heads are capable of. But like you, I want to be ready for the future mods.

·
making friends daily
07 TrailblazerSS AWD
9,331 Posts

Here's one of the runners pulled out of the lower half. I'm not sure why I didnt get a picture of it installed in the lower half of the manifold though. I can if you want me to just to look at it.

·
needs moar powa
1,185 Posts

Here's one of the runners pulled out of the lower half. I'm not sure why I didnt get a picture of it installed in the lower half of the manifold though. I can if you want me to just to look at it.

Is that bottom picture the final finish ?
Doesn't look very smooth , I wouldn't be surprised if that portjob hurts the air flow

·
making friends daily
07 TrailblazerSS AWD
9,331 Posts
Is that bottom picture the final finish ?
Doesn't look very smooth , I wouldn't be surprised if that portjob hurts the air flow
It clips into the lower half of the intake. The port that touches the head is a different piece altogether. This just lines up to an additional section and lines up very well. And it's incredibly smooth, it was ported by Tony Mamo.

·
needs moar powa
1,185 Posts
It clips into the lower half of the intake. The port that touches the head is a different piece altogether. This just lines up to an additional section and lines up very well. And it's incredibly smooth, it was ported by Tony Mamo.
Must be the fact that it doesnt have any clear on it that makes it look rough in the picture.

·
making friends daily
07 TrailblazerSS AWD
9,331 Posts
Must be the fact that it doesnt have any clear on it that makes it look rough in the picture.
I think so. It's just not freshly molded plastic anymore because it's been sanded or whatever he uses to port them. I'm not sure.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts