Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,274 Posts
from past experience, it will be down anywhere from 2 to 4 weeks. anything more and i'd call bullshit. that is of course, if they have a motor to install.
x2
I have had GM replace mine twice.. The first time was about a two week deal the latest was back in May I believe I called Greg to confirm that the story for an LS2 was correct that took about two months!

·
Notorious
TrailblazerSS
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Why did you need an engine twice? I'm not sure mine is the engine, yet. I will know Monday. I'm still confused why there was about a quart of water/oil mix on the ground after I pulled it over.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
103 Posts
First of all I wish you the best of luck, getting your truck fixed. Secondly why are these trucks so unreliable? I am not a SS owner, I'll cop to having a 06 LS, and in the now 11 months that I have owned it I have put 23k on it. It has not left me stranded, but it has been plagued by little things going wrong, inop head lights, faulty stability system sensor, rear window washer is inop, rear tail gate glass opens when it wants to and lastly the fuel gauge has started to read incorrectly. I really wanted an SS, but INHO they just seem to be more trouble than they are worth; as there seems to be TBSS specific issues to deal with in addition to those inherit to the platform. Sorry to jack your tread and do nothing but complain, instead of offering something constructive, but I guess I am venting about myself and how I can only imagine how you are feeling. Yes I am unhappy with my purchase and do plan on moving on to something different.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,274 Posts
Why did you need an engine twice? I'm not sure mine is the engine, yet. I will know Monday. I'm still confused why there was about a quart of water/oil mix on the ground after I pulled it over.
Because when I first purchased it I abused the piss out of it. Every light, and stop sign never an easy take off always pedal to the floor.. One time too many..You know drive it as if though it was stolen!

My second one I had mods..
Headers, Exhaust, 4'FWI, LS1 fans, and a tune. racing a VW R32 managed to put two holes in the block. also kept the stock ECM and PCM and reveresed everything back to stock and Onstar towed it to the dealer where it sat there for 2 months!

·
Notorious
TrailblazerSS
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #25 (Edited)
I beat the piss out of my LS1 Camaros and never had a single problem. I don't get why these LS2's keep popping. I'm definitely looking into one of those modified oil pans. I wish I could just have them give me the 5k and I'd rebuild this one with a forged assembly, then say I decline the remaining warranty.

I also forgot when I pulled my ST/TC fuse, the ABS and TC and ST lights all stayed on after I put the fuse back in, I wonder if they'll fix that. lol

·
Me>Matt
6,756 Posts
Why do ppl freak out when they see a handful of peoples cars have problems there's plenty that haven't had any with a lot more mods and ppl who are stock who don't have problems. Not everyone with a ss is on this forum
PHP:

·
Premium Member
07 TBSS 1SS AWD
17,281 Posts
cause its what the internet is for...

i like when people assume the trans is gonna implode and turn into a supernova... ive had not one problem other than a steering shaft, and ignition switch...

there are some little things that are common to these trucks... but 95% of them are caused by abuse, and lack of maintnence...

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
06 Trailblazer SS
502 Posts
You said the motor felt "bound up"? Sounds exactly like mine, let me know what they say about yours.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
3,535 Posts
Good luck adam, hope all goes well for ya man. Its definitely a bummer!

·
Notorious
TrailblazerSS
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Thanks for the support! I may go to flt for the trans. They seem to have quality at a great price.

·
Notorious
TrailblazerSS
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
As of today they said "We just got a new rep at our dealership, we are still waiting on an engine, we can't find one."

·
Notorious
TrailblazerSS
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
New motor should be in late next week or the week after. I was told my motor threw a rod out the oil pan.

·
Premium Member
06 AWD SS
4,200 Posts
cause its what the internet is for...

i like when people assume the trans is gonna implode and turn into a supernova... ive had not one problem other than a steering shaft, and ignition switch...

there are some little things that are common to these trucks... but 95% of them are caused by abuse, and lack of maintnence...

I guess I'm in that 5% then. Since January 26th I've had to have it towed twice, once for the front spline failure and once just 2 weeks ago for the trans blowing up. I can't stress enough that I DO NOT BEAT ON MY TRUCK AND MAINTAIN IT RELIGIOUSLY.

·
Notorious
TrailblazerSS
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
It's been gone so long I don't even feel like I own it anymore :(

Maybe it will be done this week...

·
Premium Member
08 9-7x Aero
1,160 Posts
Your idea for taking 5k and having an engine built somewhere else sounded like a pretty good idea to me. I think the dealer might have been down for that too. It would have been around the same cost and they wouldn't have had to do any work or warranty it.

But it sounds like a new engine may solve the problem. If the crank had been replaced 2k miles ago, I can only imagine what wasn't right with it in the first place. 4500rpm isn't unreasonable.

·
Notorious
TrailblazerSS
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Picking it up Friday, they said Rods #1 and #2 were blown through the pan.

·
Notorious
TrailblazerSS
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Just got home. Runs real good. Feels like a brand new truck :) What should I do as far as break in procedure? Oil changes? etc

Thanks

·
Notorious
TrailblazerSS
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
I bought a TBSS in IL, long story short, they gave me an IL temp plate. I live in IN. They said it's good for 90 days. Is this correct? Is it ok that I live in IN and have an IL temp?

21 - 40 of 45 Posts