Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Notorious
TrailblazerSS
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving to the BMV, got on it a little bit at a stop sign, maybe 4000-4500rpm in 1st and POP a puff of white smoke from the cowl, engine dies, pull into a parking lot. Look underneath it and after a few minutes a puddle of water mixed with oil forms, push it back, it still drips a little. I see oil sprayed underneath the driver side frame. Can't see any holes in the block or pan or anything. Maybe front diff? I have no idea. I called the dealer I bought it from (50miles away) and they are going to flatbed it to them and bring me a rental. I was nice to them and explained the truck was in the shop for 2 weeks for the rear main, and we bought it a month ago. It's been broke down more than it's been driveable. I just don't want to hear "you had it up to xxxxRPM or XXmph" or anything like that. I wonder if that "belt chirp" was actually a bearing going bad. The crank was replaced 2k miles before I bought it. The truck won't turn over, it sounds like it's "bound up". Stay Tuned....

·
Banned
18,856 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
1,028 Posts
Make them build you one with your choice of parts.. You pay the difference from OEM retail to aftermarket retail.. :cheers1:

·
Premium Member
2008 TrailblazerSS
1,496 Posts
agreeed.. good luck on getting a motor... i havent checked in a bit, but as of a month or so ago.. NOT 1 in the country...
So if that is the case, what does GM do to rectify the problem? Are there options to the consumer with this situation? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2006 Red Jewel AWD
11,641 Posts
no idea. i have not had to handle this situation firsthand, that would be handled on a case by case basis by gm i would assume... prolly some sort of spac case
I hate SPAC cases...I had to deal with one once...Waited 3 months before I finally found the company that makes the chrome brake ducts for GM and got the ball rolling myself...I ended up buying 3 sets (just incase)!!!

·
Registered
TBSS
271 Posts
I know my buddy has been waiting for a motor for his tbss for about a month and a half but that's just for piston slap.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
717 Posts
I work at a Ford dealership and the GT-500 clutch/flywheel are on a 2 month backorder. They been paying car payments if the car was sitting in our lot that whole time.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
2 Posts
Was that "belt chirp" at high RPM? I recently bought a 2007 and am experiencing a loud squeel in first gear at high RPM right before a shift.

·
Notorious
TrailblazerSS
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Mine was at idle and went away when I'd get on it. What are my options as far as giving the truck back? We traded a car in. They have 2 other TBSS but neither are optioned like mine with less miles. What's the lemon law say? We bought it 9-26-10, it sat at our local dealer for the rear main/oil pan gasket fix from 9-27-10 to 10-8-10. Now it just shit out on 10-22-10. I've sprayed my LS1 Camaro with a healthy dry shot, no tuning, 6-speed on a hurt motor and it still held up. I can't believe the problems I'm having with this LS2. It doesn't make sense.

·
Notorious
TrailblazerSS
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So it was towed in at 5pm last night, I just called and they said it was looked at but no notes were left so they will know Monday. We now have a Traverse they gave us as a rental. I am pretty pleased that under the powertrain warranty the dealer ate the tow bill 50 miles one way, brought me a traverse, and is being quite helpful. So we'll see how this pans out. The dealer is Castle Chevy in Villa Park, IL. I've read some sketchy reviews but I'll make my own judgement. The only bad taste that I've had is the oil leak which they had to have known about. It just makes me sick thinking of how far away the truck is and it being down for weeks.

·
Notorious
TrailblazerSS
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Well they are definately serving their time fixing this "rip off". I will not settle for anything less than perfect. Also, what kind of problems should I expect to run into? I'll probably have a stroke if they tell me it's not covered or going to be down for 3 months.

·
Registered
Trailblazer SS
970 Posts
from past experience, it will be down anywhere from 2 to 4 weeks. anything more and i'd call bullshit. that is of course, if they have a motor to install.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts