Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning guys. So my tranny took a dump yesterday right at 121k. I lost 3rd and 4th at WOT. Driving down the road felt kind of a hard shift and it wasnt the same after that. I've got a fully stock 08 2WD TBSS which is my DD. I want to keep this bad boy as long as possible. So I want to rebuild and was looking at sonnax shift kits, etc. but then thought to myself why not just get one built. Considering one from RPM possibly FLT (Level V maybe VI) Im in Los Angeles Does anybody know of or has used any Transmission or performance shops that work on our cars they would recommend? RPM list two shops that I'll be calling later "Guldstrand Motorsports" and "D3 Cadillac" Any help/Suggestions would be of great help.
Sorry if this is long winded, it's actually my first post on here, I'm a bit nervous LOL

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Johnny at Xtreme Trans in Lomita.
Thanks Adrian. I'm guessing that's the place where you got work done? What did you get done there if you don't mind me asking. Thanks I don't know any guys in the L.A. area that have TBSS. Would like to use some good resources close to home or based in SoCal

·
Registered
TBSS,99,87,68camaros
501 Posts
Thanks Adrian. I'm guessing that's the place where you got work done? What did you get done there if you don't mind me asking. Thanks I don't know any guys in the L.A. area that have TBSS. Would like to use some good resources close to home or based in SoCal
He built the 4L80E that's currently in my TBSS. It's a stage 3 with billet internals. Per a bad influence (Brandon) I'll soon be adding a small 150-200shot. Aiming to push this crappy whipple over the 1,000rwhp mark.

Johnny also is in the process of doing a 4L80E conversion on an F1A 370 Tbss im helping a buddy with. Waiting on the cam and some things. Let me know if I can help in any way.

·
NOT SLOW, NOT FAST
TrailblazerSS
1,982 Posts
:popcorn3:

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
He built the 4L80E that's currently in my TBSS. It's a stage 3 with billet internals. Per a bad influence (Brandon) I'll soon be adding a small 150-200shot. Aiming to push this crappy whipple over the 1,000rwhp mark.

Johnny also is in the process of doing a 4L80E conversion on an F1A 370 Tbss im helping a buddy with. Waiting on the cam and some things. Let me know if I can help in any way.
Sweet. Thank you very much for the info. I'm pretty much a newbie on here and not to mechanically inclined lol so I have a lot of questions. Been doing a lot of homework/studying on here. I wanted to go with RPM Level VI set up but like I mentioned before I would prefer to get work done here in SoCal. How does his level 3 4l60 compare to theirs (RPM)? Sorry in advance for dumb questions. This is gonna by my first major mod/upgrade don't mind forking out some mula just want some good work done. This is and will be my DD but wanna push it as much as I can. Not looking to add nitrous or supercharges, etc. Just a cam, headers, tune, etc. basic bolt-ons Thanks in advance :cheers1:

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
145 Posts
for the tune and shit I'd talk to Left Coast 32. he's a good guy and smart as shit

·
Registered
TBSS,99,87,68camaros
501 Posts
Sweet. Thank you very much for the info. I'm pretty much a newbie on here and not to mechanically inclined lol so I have a lot of questions. Been doing a lot of homework/studying on here. I wanted to go with RPM Level VI set up but like I mentioned before I would prefer to get work done here in SoCal. How does his level 3 4l60 compare to theirs (RPM)? Sorry in advance for dumb questions. This is gonna by my first major mod/upgrade don't mind forking out some mula just want some good work done. This is and will be my DD but wanna push it as much as I can. Not looking to add nitrous or supercharges, etc. Just a cam, headers, tune, etc. basic bolt-ons Thanks in advance :cheers1:
Yea I think most of us started out with that goal in mind. Mine started out as a DD. Then the snowball effect happens. I believe his level 3 4L70 is good for 600-650rwhp. He stands behind his work, and like you said he's local. No down time on shipping back and forth if something does go wrong.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts