Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some help from the experts on this site. I had a different thread on the same topic but it wasn't really going anywhere. So maybe this time will change things. My problem is a CEL with the codes being P1133 and P1153. Each time I take the truck in and have it tested everything passes. Yet I drive to work and when coming home at night, in the same spot every time, the light comes back on. I don't notice any problem with acceleration, start up, or miss fire at all. I've been going round and round with this and the light never stays off more than a day. I've replaced the cats, all 4 o2 sensors (both #1's twice), both manifolds, and manifold gaskets, and had the broken manifold bolts all replaced. I had everything but the cats done at a Chevy dealer and they have told me that if the most resent o2 sensor swap doesn't fix the problem they don't know where to go next. Do you guys have any suggestions? I live in an emission testing county so I need this light to go away or the truck will have to go. Please help!!!

·
Registered
07 TBSS
383 Posts
The dealership had to replace my cats at around 40k. Maybe yours are going?

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The cats are brand new. The previous owner threw some crap universal ones in there so that was the first thing I changed. Now I have a MagnaFlow catted y pipe installed.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
658 Posts
The P.O. of mine said it was eating cats and on teardown 2 plugs are fouled and the piston skirts are hammered so it started to burn more oil and kill the cats. This probably isn't your issue but goes to show it could be anything at this point.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I hope that's not my problem! I haven't noticed any smoking or anything like that. Went back to the dealership today and made another appointment. They are out of ideas but they're going to look into the possibility of it being an electrical issue.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts