Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2007 Trailblazer SS
1,740 Posts
Check out cnczone.com. might be some info there.

·
Premium Member
2006 TBSS AWD
1,655 Posts
What do you want to know? Those tables look kind of hobby-ish. They are not going to give you very good productivity. Will also depend on what size material you want to work with, that will also determine what size plasma and consumables you will require.

·
Registered
TBSS
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you are right it does look kind of hobbyish. i have actually been more interested in this table http://www.fastcutcnc.com/elite.php with a ThermoDynamics AutoCut300 for working on material up to 2 inches thick.

what is the difference between a air bed and a waterbed? profability? cost? cost of operation and ease of use?

·
Premium Member
2006 TBSS AWD
1,655 Posts
We have a plasma CNC at my shop, what are you wanting to do with it. I'll tell you Now, edges are not crisp and clean. They look pretty much like the edges if you used a handheld IMO.
You probably need to slow down your travel speed or your plasma isn't big enough. 100 amp up til 3/4" should give you good results with minimum kerf, anything over 1" 200amp min. Our table will cut 3/4" laser straight, anything more I usually only burn myself if I am in a pinch.

Our table is nothing special, for big orders and stuff 1" and up I farm out, the dedicated custom burn shops with their huge tables and multi head machines I just can compete with their prices.

·
Premium Member
2006 TBSS AWD
1,655 Posts
you are right it does look kind of hobbyish. i have actually been more interested in this table http://www.fastcutcnc.com/elite.php with a ThermoDynamics AutoCut300 for working on material up to 2 inches thick.

what is the difference between a air bed and a waterbed? profability? cost? cost of operation and ease of use?
Water bed, the plate rests in a bed of water. I am somewhat removed from the daily costs. After initial costs, just electrcity and plasma consumables would be your expense. I can't even remember what tips costs these days, I'd have to look it up. But an entry level table here starts at about $30,000. If you want to get serious then $80,000-$100,000+?

Bigger the table, the more ecomical it will be. A table that can accomidate 5' x10' sheets would be minimum IMO.

·
Premium Member
2006 TBSS AWD
1,655 Posts
how hard would an entry level table be to operate
Not hard at all, you can draw and nest your shapes with the cam software that comes with the table, the lower medium level tables this can be simple to very cumbersome. Even the high end tables that I have drafted burn patterns for have horrible user interface for drawing directly on the table. Best to invest in a CAD program and import your files.

Operation of the table is simple, the company you buy yours from should come out and set the table up and show you how to operate it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts