Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
stupid white guy
TrailblazerSS
4,887 Posts
Read some reviews on it, and it seems pretty cool, other than the no CD player part. Comes with bluetooth, hookups for backup cam, navigation, and all that jazz.

Might be cool. I'm just curious how the apps work. Do you pay for service? How does it get internet service?

Buy it and review it for us!!

·
Registered
2007 TBSS 3SS
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Actually just picked it up!

Read good things and bad mire good things though. You have to have an iPhone 4 or the newest iPod. Works with the iPhone's apps and Internet. I like the nav feature navigation. I'll let y'all know how I like it.

·
Registered
2007 TBSS 3SS
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just finished installing and I'm very happy with it. Plays all the videos on my phone. Plays Netflix basically anything video it plays it. Maps is just like the phone but control on the radio screen.
Can see all pics on the phone.
Can't wait to see what other apps come out.
Phone sounds good on my end but the person on the other end says I sound far away but can still hear me pretty good.

Very pleased with it so far

·
Registered
2007 TBSS 3SS
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK fellas
What is the better interface to use with this radio?
I want the chimes to sound threw the speakers. The last one i had, had a speaker on the interface (sounded like crap).
What about the steering wheel controls?

·
stupid white guy
TrailblazerSS
4,887 Posts
Steering wheel controls go with the one I linked in the other thread. WAY better than the PAC module. It's made by Metra and called the Axxess steering wheel control interface. Google it.

For other thing, I don't know. I bypassed all my stuff and lost chimes and onstar, both of which I don't care for.

·
Registered
2007 TBSS 3SS
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have researched the steering wheel control interface and the one you say is the one that keeps popping up as the better one. I don't have the onstar but kind of miss the chimes (don't know why). But over $100 for some chimes I don't think I want them that bad!

·
Registered
08 TrailblazerSS
608 Posts
Audio express told me that the OBD port wouldn't work with out the onstar module. So you wouldn't be able to plug in to read and clear trouble codes.

·
Registered
2007 TBSS 3SS
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well i guess ill have to go check cause i dont have mine on there anymore
I hope you are wrong. LOL

·
Registered
2007 TBSS 3SS
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Audio express told me that the OBD port wouldn't work with out the onstar module. So you wouldn't be able to plug in to read and clear trouble codes.
I guess they really wanted to sell you the module.
Just went out scanned and loaded a new tune on my truck with out any problems.

·
Premium Member
07 TrailblazerSS Imp
9,389 Posts
Steering wheel controls go with the one I linked in the other thread. WAY better than the PAC module. It's made by Metra and called the Axxess steering wheel control interface. Google it.

For other thing, I don't know. I bypassed all my stuff and lost chimes and onstar, both of which I don't care for.
:iamwithstupid: Same here. Ditto on the Axxess from what I've read.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
284 Posts
I was also considering this stereo. Love the sleek, smooth finish. Have seen some mixed reviews though.

·
Registered
06 TrailblazerSS AWD
17 Posts
99kon, any chance you could post some pics of the radio installed. Wouldnt mind seeing how it looks.

·
Registered
2007 TBSS 3SS
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Its pretty cool so far
It has a glass touch screen like the phone so just a gentle touch not like the other radios

1 - 20 of 24 Posts