Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
06' TBSS 2WD
3,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You can barely see either one of them, but when looking at the pics, you get the idea.

Here's the seal. It fits very snugly around the intake tuning itself, and buts right up against the back edge of the airbox, as well as the bottom side. I feel it is very well worth the $12 shipped I paid for it. :)

Next is his HSRK. I got it from another member for a very good price, so I figured it was worth a shot for the minimal investment. I can tell you this, my truck may not have picked up any ET or MPH, but it has NEVER ran more consistent than it does now with it installed, and that is important to me since I bracket race. It sits perfectly behind the airbox seal, and is completely shielded from the engine compartment inside the airbox.

·
Premium Member
2,643 Posts
You can barely see either one of them, but when looking at the pics, you get the idea.

Here's the seal. It fits very snugly around the intake tuning itself, and buts right up against the back edge of the airbox, as well as the bottom side. I feel it is very well worth the $12 shipped I paid for it. :)

Next is his HSRK. I got it from another member for a very good price, so I figured it was worth a shot for the minimal investment. I can tell you this, my truck may not have picked up any ET or MPH, but it has NEVER ran more consistent than it does now with it installed, and that is important to me since I bracket race. It sits perfectly behind the airbox seal, and is completely shielded from the engine compartment inside the airbox.

You should be able to seal it tighter. There is a lip around the inner side of the seal that should fit snug against the airbox. Take a look at the pic below as a reference. I went to the track a week ago ran the same ET and MPH on all three runs I made in 85 degree weather. Glad you like the results. :coolthumb:

·
Premium Member
06' TBSS 2WD
3,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ahhhh.....gotcha....I shall piddle with it tomorrow. :D

·
Registered
23 Posts
I also Have the Intake and the HSRK and I think it's great. I forgot to install the seal when I did the install, so I will do it when I get a chance. Thanks for the pics, now I know how to get it on there. :cheers1:

·
Registered
'06 TBSS
652 Posts
I bought the seal for my ADM CAI. Had to trim a little in the center but it fit just fine.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I just had my IEATSRT8 CAI and IAT installed.

I just had the IEATSRT8 CAI and IAT installed yesterday...the quality is great! I can tell an immediate improvement in throttle response and low end power. A tune is on the way to get the air/fuel ratios fixed. Sounds great with my Borla ProXS. Nice aggressive tone on both ends now! I am very impressed and would definately recommend this setup!

:newbie:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts