Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
'06 AWD
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm looking for opinions on what you guys think I might be able to get for this car. I'm the third owner and I've had her since 94. It was my daily driver until 2000. A few details: original 260 v8 w/ roughly 135K (odo hasn't worked in some time), TH350 tranny (newly rebuilt). I spent over $4,000 on paint and body work a few years ago. It's been garaged kept since 01. Only things that don't work are: a/c, washer motor, cruise, speedo/odo. Let me hear some numbers from a seller's/buyer's perspective. I was in the process on converting the interior to black when the well went dry. I did manage to get the carpet/headliner and door panels finished. I know I'll never get what I'd like out of this car since it was my first one but I'd like to get what I can. This is what my new torque converter currently looks like...

·
Premium Member
2006 TBSS AWD Modded
13,311 Posts
Man, I could only guess-----$1000-$1500 max. Dont kill the messenger!

Not a highly sought car------Body may be worth more then the drive train!

·
Registered
'06 AWD
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Man, I could only guess-----$1000-$1500 max. Dont kill the messenger!

Not a highly sought car------Body may be worth more then the drive train!
True, I have noticed a lot of g bodies starting to show up at the race tracks over the last couple of years so that's who I'm thinking might buy it. The body is definately my selling point. No bondo, flush welded new metal into the quarter panels/fenders. I had all off that done because I thought I was gonna keep. Now I only have room/money for one toy.

I'm not going to shoot the messenger, that's why I'm asking. Is it a pipe dream to try and hold out for $3,500+ or should I just let it go for whatever I can get? Remember, this is mod money we're talkin' about.

·
Premium Member
2006 TBSS AWD Modded
13,311 Posts
I'm not going to shoot the messenger, that's why I'm asking. Is it a pipe dream to try and hold out for $3,500+ or should I just let it go for whatever I can get? Remember, this is mod money we're talkin' about.
Man that is a tough one! You are not going to appeal to the daily driver with all the major items out of service i.e. Air Cond, cruise, speedo & odo and washer motor! These are all items most folks use on a daily basis depending on the weather and commute!
The best bet is to emphasize the interior and body---Those are the tough ones to find not torn to hell and rusted out!
Always ask whatever you want, just make sure potential buyers know you are willing to deal!

Good Luck!

·
Registered
'06 AWD
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Man that is a tough one! You are not going to appeal to the daily driver with all the major items out of service i.e. Air Cond, cruise, speedo & odo and washer motor! These are all items most folks use on a daily basis depending on the weather and commute!
The best bet is to emphasize the interior and body---Those are the tough ones to find not torn to hell and rusted out!
Always ask whatever you want, just make sure potential buyers know you are willing to deal!

Good Luck!
I wouldn't imagine someone would be looking for a 79 daily driver but who knows. That's basically what I plan on emphasizing. I may try to get the speedo/odo and cruise working as I think it's all linked to the cruise control module. I've tried to fix the wiper washer a couple of times. Swapped the motor and the switch and it still don't work (I'm 99% sure it's a ground problem, just gotta nail it down). I still have to do a few things here to get it driving/running better but the point is, I don't want to spend anymore money than I have to because I probably won't get any of that back in return.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts