Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so last night i raced an e63 on the garden state - and gotta say he didnt pull on me like i thought he would - it was basically neck and neck the whole time - and in fact i passed him a bunch of times more than he passed me - BUT my front end felt sloppy no where near as good as handling when i was lowered - so im wondering if there are any guys who have their front lowered in the 30.5-31 range and have the rear like 33ish? pics if so! because the rear lowered rides like shit in my opinion - way better at stock height

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,655 Posts
Here you go, I was playing with the rear sensors to get it where I want it, had the ass end way up I think I measured between 33 and 34" and the front was at 31.

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
5,208 Posts
Heres this:

30.25 in the front, and a hell of a lot of wieght was pulled out of the back just before this pic was shot. The rear should have been in the 32+ range.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I still have my rear djm sway bar - so a little higher in the back is made up for by the sway bar -

·
Me>Matt
6,756 Posts
just do the rear spring/shock combo tony has. mine rides great and the price isnt to bad either

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm so confused....read.
my front end felt sloppy - the steering is loose and i dont trust my truck at high speeds because of that - when i had the coilovers in the front - the steering was much more responsive and i was able to lean into turns much better because of lower center of gravity etc etc - the rear of my truck rides much better now at stock height than it did when i was lowered with bags and kw double adjustable shocks and eventually the belltech springs - maybe i didnt adjust the shocks properly i dont know - but regardless 31-31.5 (belltech springs) is too low for me in the rear because it tapped my exhaust pipe - is that better lol?

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
just do the rear spring/shock combo tony has. mine rides great and the price isnt to bad either
already had the belltech springs and kw double adj shocks wasnt too crazy about them - i need to be at at least 33 ground to fender so that my frame doesnt tape my exhaust - i like how my truck rides much better with the stock bilstein and bags in the rear - so id like to keep it at that height or an inch lower nothing crazy

·
Me>Matt
6,756 Posts
must of done something wrong, im at 31.5 with no issues. u will like the rear sway bar tho it gets rid of a lot of the body roll in these things.

why not fix ur exhaust? lol so u can have ur truck ride nice

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
must of done something wrong, im at 31.5 with no issues. u will like the rear sway bar tho it gets rid of a lot of the body roll in these things.

why not fix ur exhaust? lol so u can have ur truck ride nice
i already have the sway bar - and its nothing crazy either IMO lol helps a little bit but now that my truck is jacked up like 4x4 its hard to tell - i have the dual SLP exhaust and with cut bump stops it hits my exhaust before bottoming out rather than my frame - its already a tight fit with the exhaust since it works around the spare tire so trying to bend it wont do much

·
Premium Member
'06 AWD
5,094 Posts
Ok makes better sense you sort of contradicted yourself...no where NEAR as good when lowered....then not as good as Stock. Leading me the dumbass to go huh? What is up front and in the rear now? Did you tighten the rear shocks while it was in the air? Put it in the air loosen the shocks drop it cycle the suspension tighten see if that helps. If not pm Norcal tell him what you had and how you sit now. He is really good with suspension.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
so regardless im not lowering the rear past 33 inches ground to fender - so i wanted to see if any1 had pics with their front lowered to about 30.5 to 31 and rear only slightly lowered and how it rides like that

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ok makes better sense you sort of contradicted yourself...no where NEAR as good when lowered....then not as good as Stock. Leading me the dumbass to go huh? What is up front and in the rear now? Did you tighten the rear shocks while it was in the air? Put it in the air loosen the shocks drop it cycle the suspension tighten see if that helps. If not pm Norcal tell him what you had and how you sit now. He is really good with suspension.
yea i dont know i was still a lil hungover when i wrote that combined with typing short hand - so i can see where u were confused lol dude ive had it all - kw coilovers the djm a arms - bags adjusted - then springs - then shorter shocks - then panhard bar - then sway bar - and all in all my truck rides only slighly better now than it did when i was lowered - reason? i was too low in the rear for a daily driver living in NYC - potholes are one thing - but also having to deal with the annoying tapping on my exhaust over these potholes was another - i had enough - so i ripped everything out and sold it - however an experience last night racing an E63 AMG - led me to have to weeve in an out of a few cars at a "higher than normal" speed and i simply did not trust my truck with the stock loose handling vs when i had the coilovers that virtually eliminated most of the body roll - so im thinking about putting coilovers back in the front - and keeping the rear close to stock height or at 33" - and im not sure if thats a good idea to have the front real low and the rear a lot higher

·
WANNABE SS OWNER
Trailblazer SS 2wd
16,025 Posts
Crappy cell phone picture but I thought this might help. I am about 31 in front and 32(I think, I will measure tomorrow)in the rear. It rides like a champ and I like the raked look.

·
Premium Member
'06 AWD
5,094 Posts
Phil I would think that this is a bad idea especially if you are all back to stock in the rear. Maybe an after market sway in the front or at least putting Hotchkis or some other stiffer rubber upfront would help in conjunction with the aftermarket rear sway and front coilovers. After all you never see a road race car down in the front and jacked in the rear. So I would advise against such an extreme rake...unless you are just gonna go straight. Then again what do I know. Like some have said pm Tony he has messed we these things beyond belief.
I myself have kbees/Hotchkis bushings on stock sway up front stock rear with the exception of Hotchkis sway. Both have stock sway links. No aftermarket panhard or control arms. I'm 31.5 front and 31.75 rear without issue handles great but from time to time a lil bouncy in the rear.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts