• Cadillac CTS-V 6-spd manual

Votes: 66 79.5%
  • Pontiac GTO

Votes: 17 20.5%
41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Me>Matt
6,756 Posts
the ls6 was 04-05 and ls2 06-07. ls2's seem to dyno higher stock for stock and mod for mod. and the 06+ have a stronger dif with the 07 being the "strongest". from what i have read about them

·
Premium Member
TrailBlazer SS
8,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Yeah that's about what I know too.... so was curious why he's recommend the ls6

Sent from my DROIDX

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
47 Posts
well yeah there is a much bigger aftermarket for the ls2 because of how many vehicles used that motor. from what i understood, V owners like the ls6 better.

If the car is still under warranty, you can get the Generation 3 rear, which is the strongest.

Gas mileage between them, i don't know, but i don't see gas mileage as being a selling point for cars like these. I meant efficient in terms of power output vs size.

·
Registered
835 Posts
I had an 04 GTO. I loved that car. It was very well made, and compared to a 4th Gen Camaro, it was a luxury car. I still miss it (had to sell it to get a lower rate on my house).

For a single guy, it was a great car. If you're looking for a family car, :rofl:
No way would I even consider this car if my wife had to drive it. There is zero room in the truck (two golf bags = full). For going shopping for groceries for the family, I wouldn't try it. Plus if you have kids, and you make them/her get in and out of the back... just don't.

For a single guy it's a good car. I wouldn't even consider it for a "family" car. For me, I'd do a CTS-V for the doors and the truck (all though I've never driven/owned a CTS-V).

Family first, then figure out how to make it fast. :biggrin2:

·
Registered
973 Posts
GTO....by far hands down the best vehicle I've ever owned. I think I got lucky and mine didn't come with some of the factory quirks and my LS1 seems like it puts out LS2 type numbers, lol. If its for a family no....I pulled my rear seats out the first time I moved and put a rear seat delete back there and about tripled my cargo capacity. Single and in the military made this work out for quite a while. I've owned the car 4 years now which is almost triple the length of time I owned any car previous to this. The TBSS is now the beater while the GTO sits at home and only comes out on the weekends or gets towed to track days by the TBSS. The TBSS wound up being a neccesity for that, and the fact that I now own a dog, lol.

·
Registered
973 Posts
well yeah there is a much bigger aftermarket for the ls2 because of how many vehicles used that motor. from what i understood, V owners like the ls6 better.

If the car is still under warranty, you can get the Generation 3 rear, which is the strongest.

Gas mileage between them, i don't know, but i don't see gas mileage as being a selling point for cars like these. I meant efficient in terms of power output vs size.
Your statement makes no sense...."much bigger aftermarket for the LS2"

You realize LS6, LS2, LS1, components swap back and forth (most LSX components do thats why the bonus in heads for us, and where our 243's originally came from...) and the LS1/LS6 were made from 97-05 right? Trucks are still using a LS1 derivative...

·
Premium Member
TrailBlazer SS
8,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Excellent thread, thanks guys.

Looks like I'll dump the TBSS on the wife and get a LSA CTS-V or Z28 'maro

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
245 Posts
I left my TBSS to get a CTS-V. Couldn't have been any happier with my choice. It a 04 with bolt ons and a cam. Still gets 16.5-18 mpg in the city and close to 23-26 mpg on the highway. Oh ya with those mods the car made right at 425 to the wheels. The car is the PERFECT mix between luxury and performance. As for as the difference between LS6 and LS2 is like beating a dead on the caddy forums. The 5.7 makes right at the same power with the 6.0 making slightly more torque but nothing to notice. If you're going to be drag racing it then maybe a GTO is a better fit because of the rear not really being setup for that kind of racing. Tracking the car is a different story. If the funds are available there's a few members making 450-480+ HP on the Gen 3 diff. and those who have that kind of pocket change upgrade the rear.

CTS-V all the way.

Here's a clip of mine.

Http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtube_gdata_player&v=l01j3NCoejg

·
Registered
'06 TrailblazerSS
100 Posts
Wife had an 05 CTS 3.6L for a while, and I loved how the car handled and the luxery of the car. It was great in the winter with TC and winter start mode (starts in 2nd or 3rd don't remember).
I have never driven the V but if you are going to have to take more than one other person with you go with the Caddy. Besides, you can debadge it and really mess with ricers.

There is a Lingenfelter 427 CTS-V that runs at the track out here, and that is one of the best sounding low 10 second cars I have seen.

·
Premium Member
TrailBlazer SS
8,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
There is a video somewhere of a new CTS-V tripping onstar b/c it was launching so hard at the track. LOL

·
Premium Member
08 9-7x Aero
1,160 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
395 Posts
cts-v no question

·
Registered
07 TBSS
158 Posts
I recently bought a 2012 ctsv I know you’re asking about a V1 but I love my V due to having two kids and the four doors is the best of both worlds between family car and race car.

41 - 58 of 58 Posts