Votes: 66 79.5%
  • Pontiac GTO

Votes: 17 20.5%
21 - 40 of 58 Posts

·
Premium Member
'07 awd
2,421 Posts
I forgot one thing. I wouldn't get a car out here where I live, I drool over 07 and up crew cab 1500 Chevy's or Sierra's with the Maxx motor. Preferably the 6.2 and 6 spd auto.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,727 Posts
Gto for sure, but obviously not a family car. But is a caddy either? That's what the tbss is for.

·
Premium Member
06 3SS
1,279 Posts
At a minimum I will own an 09+ CTS-V. My mind is made up and the price is justified. That is as long as nothing outfrickenrageous comes out between now and 2013 when i'm in the market again.

So, my vote is you wait one more year and get an 09 CTS-V for around 35k

·
Premium Member
TrailBlazer SS
8,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
If I wait for a CTS-V new generation it may be one of these:

I just can't believe that $78k STS-Vs are down to low 20s on ebay for 2006's...with barely 50k miles on them..crazy.

So--I wonder what the CTS-V's will eventually drop down too....

·
Premium Member
TrailBlazer SS
8,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Also, the Z28 is coming out and will be a lot cheaper than ctsv

At a minimum I will own an 09+ CTS-V. My mind is made up and the price is justified. That is as long as nothing outfrickenrageous comes out between now and 2013 when i'm in the market again.

So, my vote is you wait one more year and get an 09 CTS-V for around 35k

Sent from my DROIDX

·
Registered
07 Black 2WD TBSS
193 Posts
The CTS-V is IMO a better looking car, I wish I could have gotten that for the wife instead of the standard CTS. But I like the 3.6 CTS, and I used to have fun driving it (until I got the TBSS anyway). I do like the GTO's but I just think between the practicality and looks, the CTS-V is a better choice. The trunk is decent on the CTS too, probably a lot better than a GTO's anyway.

·
NLMotorsports
TrailblazerSS
877 Posts
if you were 20 and single with no kids GTO all the way however were not. when you throw kids into the mix u have to get practial and fun not just fun CTS-V and i honestly dont see how this is even a discussion based on youre situation...

·
Me>Matt
6,756 Posts
since manual isnt really wanted just get the G8 GT or GXP.
cts-v is cool but the diff problem scared me away personally and cuz there really is no solution to the problem which is why i got the TB.

·
Premium Member
TrailBlazer SS
8,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Good points Drew.
I agree. Does the gxp come auto?

since manual isnt really wanted just get the G8 GT or GXP.
cts-v is cool but the diff problem scared me away personally and cuz there really is no solution to the problem which is why i got the TB.

Sent from my DROIDX

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
47 Posts
The CTS-V is the way to go. Preferably the 05 with the LS6, 5.7 vs 6.0 with same hp. The motor suits the car better. The 04 had it, but that car had some ugly antennas that they did away with for 05. You know the rear end is an issue, but there is an updated version that you can get via warranty otherwise i know a lot of people are using a ford 9-inch rear kit priced around $5,000. The new gm rear still has a little whine to it, but it's much stronger than the original.

There's a comeback with aftermarket parts for the car too, i know Racing Brake is developing a brake kit for it, if they haven't already.

I can't remember the name of the package, but there was a suspension kit from gm that was available on the car which was a direct copy of what the test car in germany had. If you plan on putting the car on a track that kit is the way to go. It's a little stiffer but the cornering is much better and i believe there is a little issue of wheel hop on a launch with the production setup. That package is around $1,500 from the dealer. I can get you the part number if you end up getting the car.

I came really close to buying an 05, but circumstances changed and i needed a truck so i went with the tbss. So i did a ton of research on it and I know a few people who have V's, so even though i didn't get one, i'm still involved with them. So i'm sure i can answer any questions you have.

So hands down, my choice is the V

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,590 Posts
The CTS-V is the way to go. Preferably the 05 with the LS6, 5.7 vs 6.0 with same hp.The motor suits the car better
What do you mean the 5.7 LS6 suits the cts-v better??:dunno:

Even though they both make 400hp, why would they put in a bigger updated LS2 motor if it was worse?

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
47 Posts
the motor is lighter and stronger, wasn't the z06 the only other one to have an ls6? It's more efficient, makes same power with smaller size. Plus the ls2 was only for the last year of that body style.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,590 Posts
the motor is lighter and stronger, wasn't the z06 the only other one to have an ls6? It's more efficient, makes same power with smaller size. Plus the ls2 was only for the last year of that body style.
I'm thinkin the LS2 has a bigger aftermarket for it.. but

What do you think the gas mileage difference is between the ls6 vs ls2?(efficient)

21 - 40 of 58 Posts