Votes: 17 20.5%
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Premium Member
TrailBlazer SS
8,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pick one.

04-07? Cadillac CTS-V with 5.7 LS6 or 6.0 LS2 (400hp), only available in 6-speed manual.

or

04-06 Pontiac GTO with 5.7 (04) or 6.0 LS2 (05-06) in auto OR manual

Who's had one, why did you sell it? What did you blow up? Common issues (i.e. rear end with CTS-V---does GTO have same rear end issues?)

Which one is faster stock? Which one is more comfortable for a family of 4? Obviously the GTO is a pita to get in the back--compared to the caddy just for the sake of (4) doors...

Thanks!
-Mike

·
Premium Member
TrailBlazer SS
8,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I like the caddy AND gto it's a tough choice.

I like the silver GTO with red interior.....or blue gto with blue interior.

The caddy---I like silver with tinted windows...and the larger back seat/4 doors / and normal trunk. GTO is just 'smaller' for a family vehicle.

I just question the caddy's rear end....and well not sure a manual tranny would work out for it's intended purpose.

·
Premium Member
TrailBlazer SS
8,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes but wife won't be driving a manual trans either so I'm asking for people's opinion and their personal use.

In otherwords I'm trying to make a conversation here.

·
Premium Member
TrailBlazer SS
8,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:iamwithstupid:

What happend with the STS-V vs G8 GT?
I think the GTO vs CTS-V is a fair matchup as the STS-V vs G8 GT is a fair matchup (similar transmission)

Personally, for the $$ I think the G8 GT is the best purchase, but I am still curious what's out there is all.

This is just 'part two' of pick one. LOL

·
Premium Member
'08 TrailblazerSS
2,987 Posts
Cts-v ftw

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
15,616 Posts
Cts-V

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
198 Posts
heres what i had...

and to be honest, im not really sure why i traded her in. i miss that damn car! but i got the SS for her and im very pleased with it as well. i would pick the GTO over the caddy any day. reasons are as followed... rarity of the gto, pontiac being gone for good, i would imagine the caddy would be more $$$ for up-keep, and the color of the GTO is amazing! theres my 2 cents

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
58 Posts
I owned 3 GTOs (2004, 2005, 2006). Loved them all dearly.

The backseat was a PAIN IN THE ASS. Only used it a few times in the 2004, never again in the others.

In the end, it's up to you. Drive both, pick the best one for you. Good luck to you in your decision! :D

Here's my 2006 in BOM... SS in the garage. Sold it a few years ago.

·
Premium Member
'07 3SS AWD
1,841 Posts
cts-v... IMO gto is not a family vehicle

However, if the manual trans is an issue.... What are your priorities? Is the 4door aspect more important than the trans type?

·
Registered
97 ws6
838 Posts
ctsv hands down just as quick and will hold its value better but thegto seats r sum of the best seats available.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
58 Posts
Agreed on the seats! Have not found a car under $80k that had the same or better seats.

I'd have to pick the 4-door now, though. Coupes are great when you're young, but just don't make any sense later unless it's a 3rd car. ;)

·
Premium Member
'07 awd
2,421 Posts
If your worried about kids and room, I wouldn't/didn't get a GTO. There is NO room in the trunk of a GTO. In late 05, I bought an 06 Impala SS because the GTO was just tooo impractical. I don't know about the trunk of a CTS-V though, maybe it's the same. I think I've thought of the same stuff you are, but really, what other car/vehicle does what a TBSS does. I've wooped on every ls2 GTO I've raced, of course they were simularly modded. I've never ran across a CTS-V on the street though. But for room, winter (assuming awd), towing, you can't beat a TBSS. It does suck gas though. So, quit playing games and just get another TBSS.:cheers1:

·
Premium Member
TrailBlazer SS
8,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
haha.

I'm actually thinking EcoBoost Flex or Taurus LOL

John you are 100% correct in all that you've stated--once you've gone TBSS (awd in our area of OH/MI) you really have a hard time leaving.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
58 Posts
I'll add to what he just said, too.

The trunk isn't *that* small. My next car (the Sky Redline) shows you how small a trunk can be. The GTO has the gas tank in the trunk, and that takes up a fair bit of room. However, I could fit 3 carryons in the trunk, so it's not impossible.

I bought the TBSS as a *direct* replacement to the 2006 GTO. The TBSS does everything and more, and I could drive it year-round (unlike the GTO). Top speed is a different story, but if you just want off the line up to 60, they're similar.

When I wanted to beat the GTOs again, I had to go to another car, but that's another story.

Not trying to clog the thread, but I'm a huge supporter of the Goats. They had so many downsides, but were fun to drive with 1-2 people. If you *ever* need to take more than 2 people, or need room for anything more than a few carryons or 1 set of clubs... get the CTS-V. :D

·
Premium Member
'07 awd
2,421 Posts
Those eco boost Taurus's are pretty appealing, but very expensive. I raced a e-boost Flex and wooped him of course, but he wasn't happy for some reason. They do have alot of potential though.

A G8 GT would be the next closest desirable replacement for me an my measely income. They get pretty good gas mileage, and have more back seat room than the TBSS. But for winter???

·
Premium Member
07 AWD TBSS 3SS
2,733 Posts
I have a TBSS and also the GTO! never drove a CTS-V! But I will say the GTO is my everyday driver and I love driving it! :) it can fit 4 people but getting in the back seats does suck!

1 - 20 of 58 Posts