Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just joined the site last week but thought I should post my newbie thread like everyone else.

I have a Red Tintcoat 2WD SS, bought it used with only 6K miles for $25K from the dealer about 5 months ago. Thought it was a great buy. Engine runs perfect plus it looks in mint condition. Only complaint is NO leather.

I am now getting the itch after reading the posts on this site. I just ordered a Magnaflow last week from a family member who's a dealer for $442, which is the best price I heard of.

I'm also looking to do a CAI and a Superchip next. Any advice? Suggestions

·
Registered
'06 TBSS
652 Posts
Welcome to the site. I graduated from SJU in Philly.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I graduated Siena College, but went to O'Hara HS, alot of my friends went to SJU. I'm still in the area though

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
254 Posts
Just joined the site last week but thought I should post my newbie thread like everyone else.

I have a Red Tintcoat 2WD SS, bought it used with only 6K miles for $25K from the dealer about 5 months ago. Thought it was a great buy. Engine runs perfect plus it looks in mint condition. Only complaint is NO leather.

I am now getting the itch after reading the posts on this site. I just ordered a Magnaflow last week from a family member who's a dealer for $442, which is the best price I heard of.

As of right now the superchips is for stock vehicles so its not a good idea to run the cai with it. Superchips is working on custom tunes or what not.. no eta.. Or you can try tunetimeperformance in toms river, NJ for a tune/cai..

·
Premium Member
4,139 Posts
welcome.. i would read up on the different tunes and make sure you know what you want. I got vectors tune and i am happy with it but if i could do it again i might have went a different route.

·
Registered
'06 TBSS
652 Posts
Do youself a favor and purchase an unlocked tune. This leaves the possibility to tune for yourself in the future with HP tuners or EFI Live if the need arises. Like balls said...do some research around the forums. You'll find that most members will be more than happy to talk to you about thier mods and what not. Learn from our mistakes! LOL

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Can someone explain how the tunes work. I am not completely certain and this is kinda new to me. The only thing I really know is that I like to go fast, and how to make my truck look pretty.

Once you buy the Chips, do you have to buy the tunes for them? Can I adjust the tune once I get it? Should I get the tune before/ after the CAI? Who's the Professor for Tuning 101? There's sooo much to learn....

·
Founding Member!
2012 Ram 1500
5,053 Posts
Alright, welcome to the Site. Hopefully you are an Eagles fan! Send a Pork Sandwich from Tony Luke's down to Texas for me.

·
Registered
07 AWD 3SS
702 Posts

You weren't driving up passyunk ave past genos and pats yesterday where you? I saw a red. First one yet.

·
Founding Member!
2012 Ram 1500
5,053 Posts
Spent the first 18 years in Bethlehem, home of the Eagles Training camp. Sure they start coming there after I move away and then FLA, now TX. Good group of Eagles fans here... http://eaglesnestdallas.com

It's all good, I still have family up there...So I go up often

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Actually I had a Roast Pork w/ Sharp Prov from Tony Lukes after the Phils game on Thursday. Sooo so good.

E - A - G - L - E - S ......EAGLES!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts