Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picking an exhaust sys is a pain and will it be the sound and performance you want so a question to all what are you running for exahust, are you happy with it, and what's your performance like...... to be honest I'm not happy with what im running now and looking for ideas hopefully budget friendly ideas

·
Registered
07 TBSS
158 Posts
What are you running now ? I have arh and stainless works back love all of it but if I were to re do it, I’d just buy headers and save the money on the cat back maybe cut the mufflers off

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm running headers no cats single 3" with a 40 flow master but with the sound at mid throttle I hear and less than idea full throttle response I really believe that something has come loose in the flowmaster and the more air going threw the more one of the metal plates is blocking or messing with the flow. Anyway was looking at the JBA single 3" cat back set up, looks like good value for the money and from utube vids has a little different sound kinda like Borola

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
7 Posts
Budget friendly, easy install, good sound Gibson cat back. I paid $330 on Amazon. As for headers...I wouldn't go cheap as fitment can be an issue. I would personally go with ARH headers. Put a cam in and you'll be very happy with the sound and performance.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
4 Posts
Picking an exhaust sys is a pain and will it be the sound and performance you want so a question to all what are you running for exahust, are you happy with it, and what's your performance like...... to be honest I'm not happy with what im running now and looking for ideas hopefully budget friendly ideas
Borla dual exhaust and love it

·
Registered
2007 TBSS
74 Posts
I’m modded, stroked, cammed, headers, racing cars, and supercharged.

Just replaced the 2.5” Borla XS w resonator. Borla gave a ton of drone, and a lot of deep base. If you want to scare little kids, thump neighbors, and not have to listen to your spouse while driving...

I did the SW Stainless Works True Dual w xPipe to mate up with their headers. Turbo chambered mufflers, could go louder if you want w sTube muffler. Upgraded set up with black powder coated tips. Still need to update the rear lower valence for the two pipes. Much better running, no drone.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Keep it factory , do not change it. The truck was built with it for a reason. Changing it will change everything, fuel consumption and performance , if you are going to build it up for speed and sound. Then you’ll have to go all the way with it. Lots of money and time and info so not to screw it up. So keep it factory And it will last , up to 500,000 miles.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the input. I just want to get that flowmaster back gone and was thinking the Gibson but the JBA seems a step up and maybe I can just be happy with single 3"
And as far as mods, mild cam, 4"FWI, E fans, ls7 MAF, headers, sonnax shift kit, 2800 stall PCM of NC power tune

·
Registered
'07 3SS 2WD
191 Posts
I went Speed headers, catless Y, the rest (of the exhaust ) is stock. Sounds great (cam helps). My buddy has had 2 of the similar GTOs. He suggested it this way, how his first one was. He went headers, no cats, full aftermarket cat back on his second (current) one, hates it.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
For you stock guys the best sound I've had on mine was muffler delete and just the resonator when I first got it had a good sound a little loud and even crackled when I let off the throttle but without the cats now I think it would be way too loud

·
Registered
Saab 9-7x
20 Posts
Headers, cat delete, Magnaflow with the rear muffler removed. sounds great, good rumble with a small cam. Tried it with the rear in place and the front Magnaflow pulled off, but it was too loud in the cabin.

·
Registered
Trailblazer SS
70 Posts
For the price and that its stainless, its hard to beat the Magnaflow. On the quieter side though.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So I went with the JBA single 3" cat back and I am already cat delete. Love the sound and it was a breeze to install although it's a bit quite even for having the cats removed but you can hear loud and clear when your in the throttle and has a nice raspy sound. For guys that still have cats on you can leave resonator off for more sound. I'll try and make up a sound track of the exahust and put it on here when I can

1 - 15 of 15 Posts