Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a transmission that is capable to handle 750+ hp. Performabuilt lvl 3 trans claim to handle up to 800 hp for $1100 less than RPM or FLT lvl 7. They also offer free shipping, free tranny cooler, no core charge, and 1 yr warranty. if anything goes bad after warranty expires, they will rebuild the trans for $850. Sounds like a great deal. Anyone is running these trans, or heard anything about them?

·
TT AWD TBSS Jeep
TT AWD SS Pwrd Jeep
5,825 Posts
Altho you get what you pay for, thats a steal and warranty is awesome.

·
Premium Member
2008 Trailblazer SS
2,764 Posts
What is included in a level 3? I'd want to know the parts list no matter what the price is. It's only a good deal if it never breaks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,957 Posts
I didn't see anything about billet shafts? Those would be mandatory to handle that kind of power levels, maybe I missed it?

Reactions: KA47

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
4,849 Posts
I would still go with RPM or FLT, they are the best in the business for our tranny's!:2cents:

·
Registered
06 3SS TBSS RWD
882 Posts
No core charge, but you still have to send in your trans for them to build. Hence the note at the bottom of the page. Id still got with a rpm/flt trans.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
452 Posts
Go FLT, RPM, or Phoenix man. Don't waste your money on their junk. I know of a guy that has broke open a few of their "built" trans that the customer finally got tired of taking it back to performabuilt for them to warranty it after three or four times and he had said that on everyone of them it was nearly a stock trans or worst than stock trans. Haven't heard of one yet holding up to any kind of good power. Chuck @ FLT knows his shit and can steer you in the right direction as im running one of his trans and as a matter of a fact since I'm doing a new build he has it in his shop now just to make sure everything is 100% with it.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
64 Posts
the first thing to ask yourself is where else would that 1100 dollars be distributed with-in your budget. saving 1100 just to save 1100 on a 750+hp build does not seem logical since the amount of money for that build alone will be pricey. i am personally going with performa-built because i am not building a high hp truck just a nice daily - road-trip- quad trailer hauling type of machine they seem to have a great rep on the ls1-tech forums with daily drivers in the 450-500 hp range. good luck either way!!

·
Registered
93 Posts
The Performabuild "INVINCIBLE" is barely comparable to our Level 5 build. I don't recommend a stock output shaft for anyone making over 500hp. So calling that trans "INVINCIBLE" is pretty bold. If their only hook is a good warranty, you're probably gonna need it.

·
Can you say 9's
AWD Trailblazer SS
2,065 Posts
I have a RPM in my corvette that handles 1000 whp and a FLT in my tbss that handles 850 awhp. I would only buy a transmission from 1 of the 2 I listed as they have both been proven to hold the power. If you are really serious about spending 30K to build a 750 hp truck why in the hell would you skimp on the trans to save 1100. My guess is you really have no idea yet what it takes to build a 750 hp truck. Good luck with your build.

·
Premium Member
2007 TBSS AWD
31,502 Posts
I have a RPM in my corvette that handles 1000 whp and a FLT in my tbss that handles 850 awhp. I would only buy a transmission from 1 of the 2 I listed as they have both been proven to hold the power. If you are really serious about spending 30K to build a 750 hp truck why in the hell would you skimp on the trans to save 1100. My guess is you really have no idea yet what it takes to build a 750 hp truck. Good luck with your build.

750hp is easy. 750 hp to last is much more expensive.

·
Can you say 9's
AWD Trailblazer SS
2,065 Posts
750hp is easy. 750 hp to last is much more expensive.
Yeah I agree it's easy if all your looking for is crank hp. If this guy is wanting to make it to the wheels that is a 900 crank hp. That gets expensive quickly. If it's done right then the price just goes up from there. Easy 30k to build the drive line to make 750 to the wheels.
Motor
power adder
fuel system
transmission
You just spent 30K

·
Premium Member
2007 TBSS AWD
31,502 Posts
Yeah I agree it's easy if all your looking for is crank hp. If this guy is wanting to make it to the wheels that is a 900 crank hp. That gets expensive quickly. If it's done right then the price just goes up from there. Easy 30k to build the drive line to make 750 to the wheels.

Motor

power adder

fuel system

transmission

You just spent 30K

I know what it costs to build it right and only use RPM these days for any late model transmissions.

Budget builds can be fun too. Did a stock LS6 long block (cam included-stock) with an old Vortech G trim kit and a 100 shot in an f body. Runs low 10/ high 9 and doesnt want to die for some reason. Lol. Not much money in the engine but does have an RPM trans.

·
TT AWD TBSS Jeep
TT AWD SS Pwrd Jeep
5,825 Posts
I agree with Matt, if you DIY, no reasone to spend $30k. Yaya I know $2k might get ya a turbo setup so skip the sarcasm. For 1000hp, a $5k 4l80 with about $4k for a forged setup, a $1000 in fuel system and $5k for FI if your a DIY guy - and $15k later you have a 1000hp street beast. If you spend another $5k on suspension/tires, tuning, and good heads, then you have $20k in a vehicle that will last and put down even more power and amazing times at the track.

Dang, thinking about it $15k is what Im going to have in my camry.....

·
needs moar powa
1,185 Posts
I almost went with performabuilt since they were somewhat local vs rpm and flt .

But there was some bad reviews kicken around the other ls forums about preformabuilt and decided to go with the rpm.

How long it lasts depends on your mods and your driving habits

1 - 16 of 16 Posts