Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there im a newn to the site but had a few quick questions. Im just starting to look at some bolt ons to add some power to my 2006 tbss it has 55k on it and it is my daily driver. I was looking at the pcm performance packages on there site. The second package really interested me and i was just wondering if any had tried that at all and wanted to hear there thoughts. Or if anyone has any other ideas throw them at me thanks

·
secret squirrel
TrailblazerSS
1,280 Posts
best bang for your buck right there. they have been VERY helpful to this forum for ANY issues that may arise. well respected and highly recommended. it really wakes up the truck.:2cents::burp:

·
Some PCM of NC bolton's
9,639 Posts
what they said. but it will not take long to keep sending them money for other stuff trust me.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,887 Posts
I have the pkg you are talking about. Cant beat the service and the convenience of the pkg deal. Go ahead and get a trans cooler too while you are at it. You will have everything you need all in one buy. Truck runs and sounds better for sure.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
340 Posts
I would recommend the trans cooler as well , works great and easy to install.

·
Registered
TBSS Black 2006
532 Posts
Trans cooler worth it if I only pull a jetski trailer and the average temp is below 30 degrees half the year?

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
alright sounds good! ill more then likely be ordering it soon. Is the tune on the ecm good enough or would a dyno tune be better

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,887 Posts
Alvin has forgotten more about LS motors than I will ever learn. He has the tuning on these mail order pkgs down to a science. As long as you can follow directions and have some sort of mechanical understanding you should be good on the install. Just take your time, read thoroughly and you should be ok. Biggest thing you will need to know is how to burp these motors coolant systems when you do the thermostat swap. Check out ss-shootout's web page for that.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
4,185 Posts
alright sounds good! ill more then likely be ordering it soon. Is the tune on the ecm good enough or would a dyno tune be better
Until you do heads, cam or a power adder the mail order wil be super close. I've got a friends truck with full bolt on and a pcmforless custom cam that he has been tuning by the logs on hp tuner and my buddy is saying the truck has never run better.

·
Some PCM of NC bolton's
9,639 Posts
Until you do heads, cam or a power adder the mail order wil be super close. I've got a friends truck with full bolt on and a pcmforless custom cam that he has been tuning by the logs on hp tuner and my buddy is saying the truck has never run better.
:iamwithstupid: even a 402 with custom cam got the tune really close and finished it up with logs.

·
2007,AWD,3SS
07 Silver 3SS TB
1,128 Posts
what kind of hp gains can you expect if you have performance package 1 or 2 from PCM for less

·
Registered
AWD 07 TrailblazerSS
957 Posts
Alvin and Kelly are awesome. Great products, great service... period

·
The Brazilian one.
2006 & 2007 TBSS
879 Posts
what they said. but it will not take long to keep sending them money for other stuff trust me.
Ain't that the truth.. Great products service and people .. Cannot go wrong with them.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
4,849 Posts
Before my motor gave up pcmforless did all my tuning and other mods with awesome customer service and great products.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts