Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed pcmforless kit with 4" FWI, ls7 maf, ls1 efans, 160 t stat, and trans cooler. Did the security relearn and started it up. the idle is not real stable and after a small tap on the gas it wants to stall itself out. the rpms dip down to about 400. thought this was just something small but it is throwing a mass air flow low reference (something like that) code. not sure of the number but had a tech 2 on it and it threw that code. i rechecked the re-pin for the maf and swapped the black wires only for the same exact code and result. i must be doing somehting wrong or could it be in the tune?

·
trailer park living.
TrailblazerSS
16,328 Posts
I would put your old intake on it and see if you get the same code. On second thought will that hurt any thing?

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
889 Posts
Just installed pcmforless kit with 4" FWI, ls7 maf, ls1 efans, 160 t stat, and trans cooler. Did the security relearn and started it up. the idle is not real stable and after a small tap on the gas it wants to stall itself out. the rpms dip down to about 400. thought this was just something small but it is throwing a mass air flow low reference (something like that) code. not sure of the number but had a tech 2 on it and it threw that code. i rechecked the re-pin for the maf and swapped the black wires only for the same exact code and result. i must be doing somehting wrong or could it be in the tune?
I'm assuming you have a tune to run the LS7 MAF? I would check to make sure the air filter is on correctly and secure. It won't idle properly if the filter is off.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok i got it all figured out. Took some time but it happened and i love it. The tune is great and the performance is awesome. Thanks for all the input and look forward to future mods.

·
Premium Member
TBSS 3SS
1,991 Posts
:iamwithstupid: Damn you tease.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yea i felt pretty stupid when i did that. but it actually wasnt that completely. after i made sure the MAF was right and the wiring was right it still was having idle problems so i about gave up and sent a message to alvin and then with access to a tech 2 tool i reset the idle on the truck started it up and ran fine.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts