Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
'06 Trailblazer SS
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered an IAT Breakout Harness from PCMForLess and I have few questions....

Do I need a tune to run it?

Does it matter what brand sensor I use? Part #?

Where's the best place to mount the sensor?

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my SAMSUNG INFUSE 4G using Tapatalk

·
Registered
'06 Trailblazer SS
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You dont need a tune to run it, but it isn't a good mod IMO.
Why not?

·
Premium Member
2007 TBSS AWD
31,504 Posts
Unless you are breaking the IAT out to run in SD it just doesn't do much.

The key is to focus on getting colder air into the motor and not just put the sensor somewhere it will read cooler and lie to the computer about the temp of the air entering the engine. This is why fenderwell intakes are common because they actually feed the motor with cooler air.

The IAT spark table in the stock tune starts pulling timing at 86 degrees.

·
Registered
'06 Trailblazer SS
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well that makes a lot of sense lol....oh well though since I already paid for it I might as well use it at least until I can afford the PCM Performance Package #2 that I've had my eye on....but where is the best and most accurate place to mount it? The website says in the filter?

·
The Lurker
TrailblazerSS 06
13,844 Posts
Well that makes a lot of sense lol....oh well though since I already paid for it I might as well use it at least until I can afford the PCM Performance Package #2 that I've had my eye on....but where is the best and most accurate place to mount it? The website says in the filter?

That's where I had mine when I was running one..............

·
Premium Member
2007 TBSS AWD
31,504 Posts

The filter end would be the best place on a stock intake set up

·
moar cowbell
Trailblazer
6,426 Posts
You could put it in the unused vacuum port on the intake manifold.... :)

·
Registered
'06 Trailblazer SS
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys I'll be figuring out a way to mount it in the end of the filter once the harness comes in....I picked up a sensor today

·
Registered
'06 Trailblazer SS
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well the harness came in yesterday and i got everything installed and it may just be my mind screwing (probably so) with be but it doesn't feel like its falling on its face at higher RPMs anymore so for now I'm a believer or I am at least until I have a way to read the IATs...haha

I plan on ordering an Aeroforce guage next month... :coolthumb:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts