Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
06' TBSS 2WD
3,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just installed my e-fans and new tune yesterday, and it is unfucking believable the difference in my truck. And here's the kicker, I was already running an ADM tune, which in my opinion, was junk. After making several runs stock, then stock with a cutout, then with an ADM tune and my own CAI, the tune didn't pick me up anything, the weather was the only thing that helped drop my times.

Anyways, there's a night and day difference. The e-fans and kit from Alvin went in without a hitch. The instructions were great, maybe a lil confusing at times, but easy to follow nonetheless, and the wiring kit is of GREAT quality.

I do have a couple of questions though, my fans are staying on ALL of the time it seems like. Does everyone else's do this? I have a 160 t-stat, and the PCM was supposed to be tuned for it, so I don't know if that has any affect or not. And also, the truck is surging at low rpm's, like idle rpm's. Like if I'm at a stoplight, and just barely touch the gas to roll up, the truck will surge, then act like it wants to die. I need to scheck my CAI to make sure I don't have any leaks anywhere.

Besides that though, the truck is a whole new animal. Power down low is still about the same, but from 36-3800 rpm's, it just screams.

All in all, a great purchase! :D

·
Premium Member
2006 TBSS AWD Modded
13,311 Posts
I want one!

:cheers1:Sounds as though this is what I need!
Congrats:yay2:

·
Premium Member
2007 TBSS
4,834 Posts
I do have a couple of questions though, my fans are staying on ALL of the time it seems like. Does everyone else's do this? I have a 160 t-stat, and the PCM was supposed to be tuned for it, so I don't know if that has any affect or not. And also, the truck is surging at low rpm's, like idle rpm's. Like if I'm at a stoplight, and just barely touch the gas to roll up, the truck will surge, then act like it wants to die. I need to scheck my CAI to make sure I don't have any leaks anywhere.
Hey,

very glad you like it! Your fans should come on right around 177-175F because it has a special patch in it. Any time your A/C or defrost is on it will also run. They will also run in very short burst at random (less than 5 seconds) at start up.

I've also noticed that the idle will go a bit funky right after a fan install or battery disconnection which is what happend when you installed your new PCM. Give it about a day and it should settle right out to stock feel.. The computer is basically relearning idle without that huge drag on it.

·
Premium Member
06' TBSS 2WD
3,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey,

very glad you like it! Your fans should come on right around 177-175F because it has a special patch in it. Any time your A/C or defrost is on it will also run. They will also run in very short burst at random (less than 5 seconds) at start up.

I've also noticed that the idle will go a bit funky right after a fan install or battery disconnection which is what happend when you installed your new PCM. Give it about a day and it should settle right out to stock feel.. The computer is basically relearning idle without that huge drag on it.

Hey Alvin, thanks for replying! The truck is completely different now. The throttle response is much quicker and crisper with your tune, the shifts are MUCH better, both part throttle and WOT, and of course WOT is awesome now, whereas before, it was being held back a lil bit.

About the fans. They stayed pretty much all the time last night while I was out riding around. The temp gauge was a tick or so below the 210 hash mark there in the middle, but never really came down. I'm assuming that's why the fans stayed on, because the temp never got down to 175-177. :dunno:

That makes perfect sense about the idle. I can't believe I didn't think of that......just completely slipped my mind! lol :D

·
Registered
2006 TBSS
820 Posts
So the e-fans and kit are separate? What do you need when you buy the fans to hook up the kit? All the used fans look like they just include fan and shroud.. no wires or anything.

·
The Worlds my Playground
4,823 Posts
Hey Alvin, thanks for replying! The truck is completely different now. The throttle response is much quicker and crisper with your tune, the shifts are MUCH better, both part throttle and WOT, and of course WOT is awesome now, whereas before, it was being held back a lil bit.

About the fans. They stayed pretty much all the time last night while I was out riding around. The temp gauge was a tick or so below the 210 hash mark there in the middle, but never really came down. I'm assuming that's why the fans stayed on, because the temp never got down to 175-177. :dunno:

That makes perfect sense about the idle. I can't believe I didn't think of that......just completely slipped my mind! lol :D

My temp reads exactly as yours does. I have the harness from alvin as well and he did the patch for me using efi v2, simple and clean.

I have been toying with it lately trying to get the fans on a little sooner, say around 190*~ 195*. Im in the 210 range on the dash but efi scan shows about 200* or so...? Any suggestions, im all ears.

·
Premium Member
06' TBSS 2WD
3,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So the e-fans and kit are separate? What do you need when you buy the fans to hook up the kit? All the used fans look like they just include fan and shroud.. no wires or anything.

I got my fans for $75 shipped off of LS1tech, and it was just the fan and shrouds. the wiring kit that Alvin sells comes with all the wires you'll need. It's a complete plug and play kit. :)

·
Registered
2006 TBSS
820 Posts
Nice deal.. Is this any different from the Nelson performance kit?

·
Registered
308 Posts
how much is the tune and fan kit?
The tune is $250, the kit is $159 and you can get your fans anywhere from as low as $75 all the way up to around $400 for brand new...

·
Premium Member
1,806 Posts
If your fan is on all the time, the PCM wire most likely isn't seated properly. If this is the case, only one fan will run and it will be on aytime you start the truck.

To get the PCM wire to seat properly flip the PCM connector over and look a the underside. The e-fan pin should look just like the rest in there. If it doesn't, its not in all the way.

If you hook up a scanner, you can see the fans cooling the truck at idle. They work damn good

1 - 13 of 13 Posts