Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
2007 Trailblazer SS
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had to trim the plates that mount in the pan to make them fit? The back plate doesn't want to fit into the pan correctly.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
530 Posts
Has anyone had to trim the plates that mount in the pan to make them fit? The back plate doesn't want to fit into the pan correctly.
Not sure if this is any help but here are some pics. I got mine used but it doesn't look like it's trimmed at all.

·
Premium Member
2007 Trailblazer SS
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had to trim mine a little, it wasn't going to fit. No biggie.

·
Premium Member
2007 Trailblazer SS
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Cool,that makes me feel better. I got them all welded in. I'm glad my best friends dad tig welds on short notice.

Attachments

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
121 Posts
How do most stall the pans?
Cut the original rivets and use new ones?
what size and type of rivet?

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS 3SS
893 Posts
Nope, didn't have to trim mine either, slid into place, drilled tapped and done with it.

·
Premium Member
08 trailblazer SS
3,614 Posts
Didn't trim mine.

·
imperial blue
2008 TrailblazerSS
328 Posts
yep! i had to trim mine near the dipstick divet on the front panel, the dipstick was rubbing it

·
Premium Member
2007 Trailblazer SS
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
More pick up tube issues. It looks like the tube itself needs to be slightly bent towards the back of the motor. The pan won't sit flush to the rails and is slightly to far forward. It. Doesn't need much, maybe .250". Anyone else have to bend pick up tube slightly? I'm not sure if it's because of ARP main studs or what. And please guys, if your shit just fell together like a dream come true with no problems, I Don't need to hear about it.:biggrin2: Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
216 Posts
We had a push the screen up towards the tube because it was getting that oil pan that's about it forgot to mention that

·
Registered
1993 GMC Typhoon
146 Posts
I had to trim both of them to get the holes to line up with the posts in the pan, one of them I had to trim in multiple places to get it to rotate enough to line up.

Once they were lined up, I ended up enlarging the holes to get better penetration on the weld so I could get more heat into the post before melting away the plate. Adding material to the post prior to trying to weld the plate in was a huge help. I probably could have done a nicer job with my welder, but I did this at work and didn't take the time to dial everything in 100%.

Reactions: snowvette

·
Premium Member
2007 Trailblazer SS
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
^^Exactly what I did.

·
Premium Member
2006 TBSS 3SS
17,596 Posts
I have to say I am surprised that trimming is needed. I would think PCM/NC would have this down by now.

I figured I would have to open the holes up to get some heat to the post.

I have 1000s of hours of TIG time with mild and stainless but dont do much aluminum so will see how this goes. I have pure tungsten and filler rod so should be set.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts