Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
08 trailblazer SS
3,614 Posts
Their is a updated valve cover that helps with oil consumption. I replaced on my 08 tbss a while ago. Can't remember what side it was at the moment(sorry been a long day)

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Thank you pcm of nc for getting my order shipped fast! I hope the pickup tube brace ships fast too. So just a change of a valve cover fixed this? This sounds better than the catch can. Is this a gm part or an aftermarket part and how can I get one? Part number anyone? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
08 trailblazer SS
3,614 Posts
GM inventory has been purged so the replacement driver side has a relocated PCV drain hole that prevents oil from entering the intake manifold. I don't run a catch can and my manifold is pretty clean. Not saying this will fix every ones issue but I don't currently have a issue with oil entering the manifold.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS 3SS
893 Posts
I did and just installed the PCM of NC catch can, its pretty sick.

Reactions: KA47

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
4,849 Posts
GM inventory has been purged so the replacement driver side has a relocated PCV drain hole that prevents oil from entering the intake manifold. I don't run a catch can and my manifold is pretty clean. Not saying this will fix every ones issue but I don't currently have a issue with oil entering the manifold.
You got a part # for the updated valve cover? I'm going to give this a shot

·
Registered
06 3SS TBSS RWD
882 Posts
You got a part # for the updated valve cover? I'm going to give this a shot

quick search as I was looking for the part number as well

'03 - '08 : 12570427
'09 : 12642655

Reactions: 1FAST07SS

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
4,849 Posts
Reactions: BlitzBlackGSXR

·
Registered
06 3SS TBSS RWD
882 Posts
No prob

·
Registered
Trailblazer SS, Silverado SS
21 Posts
Then it may be a rod bearing, rocker or lifter...you know for fact you have penis slap going on in there??
I'm sorry for the necro-bump but is this a nickname for piston slap or just a perfect typo that noone picked up on in 6 years?

·
Premium Member
'08 Silver TBSS
4,532 Posts
I'm sorry for the necro-bump but is this a nickname for piston slap or just a perfect typo that noone picked up on in 6 years?
lol I'm thinking the latter.

·
Premium Member
Sold
5,749 Posts
IDK Chevy6000 has said some crazy things in the past

Reactions: scott750

·
Premium Member
'08 Silver TBSS
4,532 Posts
21 - 36 of 36 Posts