Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,guys new to the tbss family and LS motors in general,if I go with the attitude V2 cam is it necessary to buy the Brian Tooley Camshaft Installation Kit?, The transmission is slipping on me already so fixing it and also buying headers and y- pipe,oil pick up tube,trans. cooler stall and the v2 cam,efans,160 t stat and cai

·
Premium Member
2008 Black TBSS
3,532 Posts
:iamwithstupid: Not the Brian Tooley kit per se, but you will need higher lift springs., gaskets. etc. That cam will push through stock converter.

·
Premium Member
2008 Trailblazer SS
2,764 Posts
The V3 might get you a little more hp. It wasn't available when my V2 went in...but it is now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
266 Posts
You need springs and pushrods at minimum to run that cam...
Yep *ssp*

Go V3 or have Matt make you a custom cam, I wish I did

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
28 Posts
Just to confirm boys, looking to install the PCM of NC Attitude V3 Cam in my TBSS as well. Must do springs for this cam yes?

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,957 Posts
Hi,guys new to the tbss family and LS motors in general,if I go with the attitude V2 cam is it necessary to buy the Brian Tooley Camshaft Installation Kit?, The transmission is slipping on me already so fixing it and also buying headers and y- pipe,oil pick up tube,trans. cooler stall and the v2 cam,efans,160 t stat and cai
YES you must buy a Brian Tooley installation kit.. Brian would REALLY APPRECIATE IT...lol

It is a good kit and comes with everything you need, so yes it is a good option.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
28 Posts
Update:
Spoke with Kelly @ PCM of NC, for the attitude V3 cam you must do springs, 3000+ stall, and bigger injectors (he recommends the Fast 33's).
The Rob Cam however, can be installed with factory stall (for those of us that still might haul something if need be as stalls affect towing).
Kelly @ PCM of NC also states not to do any aftermarket camshaft at all on stock springs, always if you change your cam, up your springs.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts