Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in pa and we see our fair share of weather and obviously not going to try and run into any standing water but has anyone ever had any trouble? wanna pull the trigger would just like some reassurance.

·
Premium Member
08 Black Granite
4,004 Posts
Reassurance? Just close your eyes and pull the trigger!

Slap a K&N sock over it if your really worried. Check out STS turbos or any rear mount. thats alot of money riding out there open to the elements and I havn't heard of failures due to the elements.

·
High and Tight!!!
TrailblazerSS
2,959 Posts
You will be fine.... just make sure to keep the filter ABOVE the water. :doh:

·
High and Tight!!!
TrailblazerSS
2,959 Posts
Car washes... :doh:

·
Registered
443 Posts
I thought about the same thing when I did my cam, headers, etc........ I do drive through some puddles here and there so I felt it to be a lot safer to do the standard 4" intake. The minor loss over the fenderwell intake I make up in peace of mind knowing that I can drive through water if I had to.

Just my 2 cents

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
Chris, I'm in FL where it rains constantly and I've yet to have any problems. As long as you don't submerge the filter you won't have to worry.

·
The Brazilian one.
2006 & 2007 TBSS
879 Posts
No problems here so far with it.. And here in OK when it rains it pours..

·
Premium Member
06 black awd tbss
5,953 Posts
I'm in pa to bud, and I felt the same way with mine. At first it kept acting up but a quick spray of cleaner on the maf always cleared it right up. And now I haven't had any issues in a few months!

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I know I know i dont choose to use the car washes either but thats what happens when you in a wheelchair its kinda hard to wash your car! Yea Bubba i still use them i cant help it, i already have the ieatsrt8 and want as many hps as possible but just a little weary.

·
Registered
06 Superior Blue
124 Posts
It poored like a mofo one day on my way home from work and I started to not down shift when i put my foot down. Took it easy all the way home. Later on I opened the whole thing up and I had pulled water all the way to the throttle body. Sprayed some maf cleaner and dried out the intake changed back to a aem dryflow with a k&n water sock or whatever its called havent had problems with that one. I guess the cotton ones just plain old eat ass.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
To tell you the truth i have been through multiple car washes since having it installed and no problems yet, even with the under spray. Now keep in mind i drive over the underspray very fast till the filter is cleared then i slow down and then when you stop i turn the truck off and let her sit until i need to start it up again. I was worried too in the beginning too but just like others say dont go through or near standing water!

·
2007,AWD,3SS
07 Silver 3SS TB
1,128 Posts
Depends which filter you use. once you have the filter part number you can look up the correct sock on K&N's site.
I would look up the sock part number but i dont know what the part number for the filter is. Does anyone with this setup know what the part number of the filter that PCM uses is?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.