Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

61 - 80 of 80 Posts

·
Premium Member
'08 TrailblazerSS
2,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Link for diode updated. The hdm relay is a solid state relay. You have to use a solid state relay with the pwm signal for the DRLs. If you use a mechanical relay, the relay will buzz and fail.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I am about to go hunt the parts down to do this...Is there a specific type of diode needed for this? Also, as far as the park lamps as DRL, is it possible to do fogs and park lamps as DRL? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
'08 TrailblazerSS
2,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Any small diode should work. It should be possible to add fogs as drl also. I'll have to sit down and figure it out when I have some time.

·
Premium Member
'08 TrailblazerSS
2,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Finally got this done for you. Sorry it's taken so long. It won't take much extra to make this work. You will just need one additional Single Pole Single Throw Relay.

Schematic

In the Diode Harness Assembly image, notice the wire with diode that goes from the Female Spade Connector #1 to the Male Spade Connector #5. You will no longer connect this wire to the Female Spade Connector #1. Instead, you will connect this wire to the additional SPST Relay terminal #30. The other end of this wire will still need to be connected to the D-GN/WH wire at the BCM X2-E11. You also no longer need to install a diode on this wire.

Next locate the wire that connects to pin 4 of the 2nd HDM relay and pin 87 of the original park lamp relay location. Tap into this wire and connect it to terminal 85 of the SPST relay.

Connect ground to terminals 86 and 87 of the SPST relay.

That should be it. If you have any questions, let me know.

·
Premium Member
'08 TrailblazerSS
2,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
No problem

·
Premium Member
'08 TrailblazerSS
2,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
Link for dpdt relay updated.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
1 Posts
Hate to resurrect this thread, but it will not allow me to send a pm.....

Brandon, does this turn on all of your park lights after the mod is installed, or just the front ones?

Thank you for your time!

·
Premium Member
'08 TrailblazerSS
2,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
It turns on the front and rear park lamps. It would be the same as switching off the drl and then manually switching on the park lamps.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
5 Posts
Hi Branndomw,
I hope you still around here.

It has been more than a year now that I have this mod but now I notice or maybe it was already so that the halo light only come on as DRL and not in the night with auto headlight or when I hit the park/headlight switch.
Now what can I do to have the halo ON with auto headlight and when I hit the park/headlight switch but retaining it as DRL?

You just need to connect a diode between two wires to make that work. Locate the GY/BK wire at pin E5 of the tan bcm connector. Connect the side of the diode with the silver band to this wire. Locate the wire connected to pin 3 of the DPDT relay that also connects to the D-GN/WH wire at pin E11 of the tan bcm connector. You need to connect the other side of your diode to this wire. There is already a diode installed on the wire you are connecting to. Make sure that you connect to this wire so that the existing diode is between the point where you are making your connection and the dpdt relay. If you make the connection between the diode and the relay, it wont work right.

·
Premium Member
'08 TrailblazerSS
2,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #74 (Edited)
If you wired everything correctly, the halos should stay on in headlamp mode if the IGN is in RUN. Try adding the wire with diode colored in red on the schematic and see if that works.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
17 Posts
First off, excellent work figuring this rewire out AND willingly sharing your knowledge.

I know this thread is pretty old, and getting dug up again.

I've got everything on its way to apply this mod along with VLEDs newish "micro" series bulbs.

I would like to have the fogs only as the DRL. I was looking at your diagram for the parks/fogs as the DRL trying to see if it was possible. I'm sure it is, but my little peanut brain went into full cramp mode. Once I looked at it again, it seems like instead of interrupting the DRL power with the DPDT in the park HDM circuit, just interrupt with the D-GN/W from the underhood fog relay. Leaving the factory park relay in place. It kind of seems a little too easy for that change to work. Please let me know if I'm off my rocker, if you have some time. I didn't want to add to the list of people requesting more work from you for free, but you have the smarts to figure this out in the first place.

If not, you still rock for putting this info out there.

Thank you!

Schematic

61 - 80 of 80 Posts