Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

21 - 40 of 80 Posts

·
Premium Member
'08 TrailblazerSS
2,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I just competed this after removing a DRL killer ONLY and everything works great but my new DRL parking lamps are not coming on at all when in gear? I haven't dug into the harness yet but which wires control this?
Do the park lamps work if you use the switch?

·
Premium Member
'08 TrailblazerSS
2,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
So I need to take my DRL killer out before I do this mod??
Yes you need to remove it and return your wiring to stock.

·
Premium Member
'08 TrailblazerSS
2,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
What do you have connected to pin 6 of the DPDT relay?

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
377 Posts
I'll have to go take a look. I triple checked everything so I'm sure its correct but ill validate here shortly.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
377 Posts
I looked and saw that the modded fork terminal popped out. So I'm assuming that was the issue. Is there a better option than these terminals? Mine are super loose. I'm going to have to figure something better to use

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
5 Posts
Hi Branndown nice writ-up,

If I want to run my angel eye halos on my headlight as DRL in place of the park lamps, what I must do?
Run the two wire, one coming from the HDM Control Harness and the large wire coming from Pin 4 of the 2nd HDM Relay to my angel eye halos???

·
Premium Member
'08 TrailblazerSS
2,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
You won't have to change much to do this. Remove the large wire from position 87 at the park lamp relay location. Connect it to both positive leads of your halos (the other side of this wire should be connected to pin 4 of the 2nd HDM relay). Remove the wire that is inserted into position 86 at the park lamp relay location. You can also cut it from Pin 4 of the DPDT relay (do not remove the other wire attached to Pin 4 of the DPDT relay, it is going to Pin 5 of the 2nd HDM relay). Now install the original park lamp relay into it's position in the fuse block. Attach both negative leads of your halos to ground and that should be it.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
5 Posts
You won't have to change much to do this. Remove the large wire from position 87 at the park lamp relay location. Connect it to both positive leads of your halos (the other side of this wire should be connected to pin 4 of the 2nd HDM relay). Remove the wire that is inserted into position 86 at the park lamp relay location. You can also cut it from Pin 4 of the DPDT relay (do not remove the other wire attached to Pin 4 of the DPDT relay, it is going to Pin 5 of the 2nd HDM relay). Now install the original park lamp relay into it's position in the fuse block. Attach both negative leads of your halos to ground and that should be it.
Thanks Branndown you are the man :yay2::yay2::yay2::yay2:

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
452 Posts
This write up is about as good as it gets. That man Brandon is a badass as he has helped me out of an electrical bind

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
5 Posts
Done this and I love it.
Now I have my angle eyes halos as DRL.
How can I have the fog lamp come on with the park lamp when I hit the head lamp switch to park lamp?
I want it to come on same time with the park light.

·
Premium Member
'08 Silver TBSS
4,494 Posts
Awesome write-up! I've been wanting to have turn signals or park lamps as drl's for a long time. And finally have the ability to make this happen. Thanks Brandon!!

·
Registered
'08 White TBSS
810 Posts
Awesome write-up! I've been wanting to have turn signals or park lamps as drl's for a long time. And finally have the ability to make this happen. Thanks Brandon!!

Let's make this happen on mine too! I'm electrically challenged so I'll supply the drinks and watch you work. Sound good? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
'08 Silver TBSS
4,494 Posts
Absolutely! Come on over and we'll install it on both our trucks.

·
Premium Member
'08 TrailblazerSS
2,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Done this and I love it.
How can I have the fog lamp come on with the park lamp when I hit the head lamp switch to park lamp?
I have a busy weekend so it may take me a while, but i will get it for you as soon as i have a chance.

·
Registered
'08 White TBSS
810 Posts
Absolutely! Come on over and we'll install it on both our trucks.

Alright...maybe on our way back from Houston with it.........

:muahaha:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
'08 Silver TBSS
4,494 Posts
Brandon would it be possible to have just the front turn signals under the headlights as DRLs instead of all of the parking lamps?

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
243 Posts
Ok so I did this and double checked everything and I'm having problems. the relay keeps making a buzzing sound. If I take off the wire in step 29 or the ground it stops buzzing and I can't figure why it's doing this... And ideas?

http://youtu.be/JC-WKw-OqlI

And when I turn on the hi beams the lows turn off.

·
Premium Member
'08 TrailblazerSS
2,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
The relay is buzzing because it is getting a pwm signal for the drl. Give me a few minutes and i will help you troubleshoot.

·
Premium Member
'08 TrailblazerSS
2,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Done this and I love it.
You just need to connect a diode between two wires to make that work. Locate the GY/BK wire at pin E5 of the tan bcm connector. Connect the side of the diode with the silver band to this wire. Locate the wire connected to pin 3 of the DPDT relay that also connects to the D-GN/WH wire at pin E11 of the tan bcm connector. You need to connect the other side of your diode to this wire. There is already a diode installed on the wire you are connecting to. Make sure that you connect to this wire so that the existing diode is between the point where you are making your connection and the dpdt relay. If you make the connection between the diode and the relay, it wont work right.

21 - 40 of 80 Posts