Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gents,

Our rear suspension is equipped with a Panhard Bar, or Track Bar, correct?

If so, when lowering the rear, the rear end will swing out to one side or the other (haven't looked to see which way) since the bar swings in an arc.

Has anyone delt with this, with say, an adjustable panhard bar?

Your thoughts?

Brad

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,401 Posts
mine swung out yes. I talked to bmr and they said if there is a demand they will make it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, thats two votes!

I just figured with all the discussion going on about the proper way to lower our trucks, I'd throw in my thoughts.

Brad

·
Premium Member
8,576 Posts
BMR took in an SSR about 6 months ago to make an adjustable Panhard bar for them. The 6 speed SSR uses the same panhard bar as we do. I have not heard whether they finished it or not????

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,401 Posts
well joe go ask bro lol

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,401 Posts
they make adjustable ones???

·
Registered
282 Posts
So on ours since they are already tubular what would you be gaining from those if you went with the non adjustable ones? Do they have different bushings?

·
Premium Member
8,576 Posts
So on ours since they are already tubular what would you be gaining from those if you went with the non adjustable ones? Do they have different bushings?
The Bars are stronger so less flexing and the bushings are Poly Graphite so less flex there too. The adjustable lowers will help to get the angles corrected for the universals on the lowered vehicles.

·
Registered
BLK 06 TBSS
531 Posts
with just a 2" drop in back, would that cause any damage the without these ? Or are these kinda of a MUST HAVE for any kinda drop ?

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,401 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,576 Posts
with just a 2" drop in back, would that cause any damage the without these ? Or are these kinda of a MUST HAVE for any kinda drop ?
I have the drop and dont need them to adjust yet. I dont think Norcal has any issues either. They are just a stonger setup is all.

·
Registered
282 Posts
The Bars are stronger so less flexing and the bushings are Poly Graphite so less flex there too. The adjustable lowers will help to get the angles corrected for the universals on the lowered vehicles.
I figured the bushings were different, but didn't really think about them being any stronger. I guess there thicker. Yeah I figured the adj ones would be good for lowered vehicles, but didn't know about them actually being stronger. Is there any other companies making the control arms other than BMR?

·
Premium Member
8,576 Posts
I figured the bushings were different, but didn't really think about them being any stronger. I guess there thicker. Yeah I figured the adj ones would be good for lowered vehicles, but didn't know about them actually being stronger. Is there any other companies making the control arms other than BMR?
They are the only ones that I know of making them.

·
Registered
BLK 06 TBSS
531 Posts

actually the upper control arm is stamp steel, not tubed. So Im sure thats one would be stronger. The bottom control arm is tubed

·
Premium Member
8,576 Posts
actually the upper control arm is stamp steel, not tubed. So Im sure thats one would be stronger. The bottom control arm is tubed
You will need to put the tab on the upper control arm for the rear air bag sensors. Thta is unless they put it on at BMR for the TrailBlazer SS as the SSR doesnt have this.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts