Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im starting a little project and a panhard bar is out for our trucks but seems to be made for another car model also. (measured a buddys car today at work) Im going to do some final measurements tonight from center bolt to center bolt and then I think I can order the panhard bar from the company and test it out for you guys. Both sides are adjustable. If this falls thru would get rid of that garbage stamped panhard bar we have on the truck now and replace it with a 1.25 inch bar

·
Registered
28 Posts
Any price info?

I thought about making one for my truck, but just don't have the time to take the stock one off for measurement.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Norcal:are you trying upgrade the Pan-hard bar to bring something adjustable to the table for you guy's that are "slammed" ???
Cause for a "general" mod for most of the TBSS's I don't see the point after all it's not like the sway-bar mod which is a definite performance mod.

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Norcal:are you trying upgrade the Pan-hard bar to bring something adjustable to the table for you guy's that are "slammed" ???
Cause for a "general" mod for most of the TBSS's I don't see the point after all it's not like the sway-bar mod which is a definite performance mod.
Adjustable panhard bar will help the lowered guys also because rear end gets offset. Also ive seen on many stock ones that rear end is not centered so the panhard bar will take care of that.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Agreed...That's why I was bringing up the point...if your lowered this is a must... but if your not and your TBSS's is dog tracking you have an alignment problem and that should be addressed before you think of doing this

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Agreed...That's why I was bringing up the point...if your lowered this is a must... but if your not and your TBSS's is dog tracking you have an alignment problem and that should be addressed before you think of doing this

some trucks (liek the colorado) the rear ends are offset even on stock trucks. Ive seen some sit center while others 3/8 to 1/2 inch off. I measured it all up tonight and going to talk to a few people tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
TBZ06
7,058 Posts
I swear i seen these bars for the trailblazer on ebay a while back, i just remember they were red with the adjustments in the middle.
I didn't know what the point was for them back then so never really looked in to it.

:dunno:

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Those are for the lower control arms which change pinion angle. The pan hard bar will adjust the rear end in location to center of the fenderwells.

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
so you guys know what it does,

Lakewood's new adjustable panhard rods are engineered to keep the rear axle centered and aligned under severe cornering conditions. Manufactured from thick-wall steel tubing to prevent flex and bending, they feature durable polyurethane bushings and steel sleeves for added stability. The adjustable ends allow precise location of the axle in relation to the chassis, and compensate for altered ride heights. Finished in a corrosive-resistant black powdercoat finish, they come complete with grease fittings for easy lubrication.

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
suicide doors is making it for me next week ill keep you guys up dated

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
PANHARD BAR IS DONE

I should get it in next week. Bar can be adjust 1/2 inch shorter than stock up to 1.75 longer than stock

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
im working out a price right now. Like ive told people rear end gets offset and even on some guys truck right rear will rub left rear will clear fine

·
Premium Member
TBZ06
7,058 Posts
im working out a price right now. Like ive told people rear end gets offset and even on some guys truck right rear will rub left rear will clear fine
Cool, & your so rite my truck with ppl or weight in the back will rub sometimes on the right side but never on the left side.

:cheers1: i'm down for one %100...

·
Registered
'06 TBSS
652 Posts
Cool, & your so rite my truck with ppl or weight in the back will rub sometimes on the right side but never on the left side.

:cheers1: i'm down for one %100...
Keep those fat chicks out the back.

:rofl:

·
Registered
06 CLS MB, 07 SS,
784 Posts
Panhard Bar!!!!

PANHARD BAR IS DONE

I should get it in next week. Bar can be adjust 1/2 inch shorter than stock up to 1.75 longer than stock
Sounds Great! Tony I need one ASAP! Find out how much, I don't want to wait for a GB, just let me know what it will take to make it happen. Larry

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
no prob u guys. Im just painting mine semi gloss black but he said they will powercoat it if you wanted. I just want to put it in and put the 20s back on and adjust it all. Im hoping i can get away with no coil springs in rear with the hals.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts