Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone paint the bowtie on the grill and on the trunk? I want to go with black but are unsure of the best method. Paint or overlay? Which kind if paint and where do you get them if overlay? Thanks

·
Premium Member
06 Trailblazer SS
2,157 Posts
for the front i have seen peeps use paint more than vynl, for the rear the peeps have gone vynl

·
Premium Member
TBZ06
7,058 Posts
My front one is painted black & i never had any problems, just take it off, give it a light sand with some wet sandpaper, wipe it clean then spray & clear & let dry over night & your done.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How did you guys get them off? I dont want to break them.

S

·
0 Posts
We did the carbon fiber liquidome for ours, only problem was the gold still showed, so we had to buy a new chrome bowtie and put the overlay on that one, looks real good. You will have to take the front off and there are 2 bolts to be removed. Not to hard to do.

·
Registered
77 Posts
i had a bodyshop colormatch mine and they only charged 30$, best damn 30$ ive ever spent

Thats what I plan on doing up front, I recently did mine with a spray can white just to see how its going to look if I wanted to color match like that. I was at my friends dads auto body shop and he was looking at my car and asked who did it and said it looked like total shit. I hope that means he is willing to give me a decent price to do it.... then again he did tell me 525 to repaint my front bumper .

but i would deff. just take the rear bowtie off, i think the rear looks so much cleaner with it gone imo.

if you do keep it thought vinyl rear, paint front.:2cents::2cents:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts