Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
=ЯΛWSSUM=
TrailblazerSS
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just got my longtubes in with an offroad y and love the sound a lot more but I have a plain flowmaster 40 series and I can't stand the drone I get when I let off tha pedal... what muffle would be a better choice.. just a muffler btw. Super44? Magnaflow?

Ohh and the exhaust is dumped before tha rear axle.

·
Registered
711 Posts
I have the stock exhaust with the magnaflow and resinator delete. There is some drone around 2k rpm. The only muffler I have heard to have almost no drone is the Corsa.

·
=ЯΛWSSUM=
TrailblazerSS
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I figured that I wouldn't be able to completely get rid of the drone but what what make a more agressive sound and yet lessen the drone.. I swear while driving 50ish while in drive and cruising, it sounds like a helicopter..

·
Premium Member
07 TrailblazerSS Imp
9,389 Posts
Well when you dump like that it is reverberating off the road unless you slant it to the side more. A super 44 will be more quiet. Even a super 40 would be.

·
secret squirrel
TrailblazerSS
1,280 Posts
Ohh and the exhaust is dumped before tha rear axle.
put a magnaflow resonator in the stock location and it should help OR put the super 44 in place of the 40 and run it out to the rear. dont dump it...like stated earlier, it resonates from the ground back to the cab.....annoying.:burp:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts