Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've currently got a local shop putting on a set of Pacesetter coated longtubes and the kooks catted y-pipe. This morning they called me and said that they were unable to get the spark plugs back in once they got the headers on. My first reaction was why would they take off the spark plugs...my second reaction was that maybe I should take my truck to another spot. But before I take my truck back, did anyone else have to take out the spark plugs or should I tell these guys to take the headers back off, put the spark plugs on and then put the LT's back on?

Thanks,

Ben

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
360 Posts
Removing the plugs will provide another inch or so of clearance and you don't run the risk of breaking the plugs off in the head. I don't blame them for taking them out but if they can't get them in then they aren't to bright.

Ask them if their motto is "drive them in push them out"

·
Premium Member
2007 TBSS AWD
31,503 Posts
Plugs always come out when doing headers. If they can't figure out how to get them back in you may need to find another shop. Also The Kooks Y pipe will not match up to the Pacesetter long tubes unless you doing some fabrication (cutting and welding).

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. I anticipated the y-pipe/header fabrication issue but I don't have faith in these guys so Im ordering the kooks LT's and will return the pacesetter set to make everything easier. Now I just gotta wait :barf:

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,781 Posts
Id be more than happy to buy those pacesetters off you.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
360 Posts
Thanks guys. I anticipated the y-pipe/header fabrication issue but I don't have faith in these guys so Im ordering the kooks LT's and will return the pacesetter set to make everything easier. Now I just gotta wait :barf:
So you are having them remove everything and go back to stock? I hope they don't charge you since they couldn't finish the job properly.

·
sensual nonconsensual
TrailblazerSS
57 Posts
Has anyone tried taking off or putting on the first two plugs on the passenger side with the pacesetter headers on? It's a real bitch, especially the first one...

·
America!
Corvette C6
2,827 Posts
sounds like some bullshit on their part. If they cant figure out how to get a plug back in, how are they in business.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
4,849 Posts
Doesnt sound like they know what they are doing!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts