Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2006 TrailblazerSS
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at picking up a set of Pacesetter coated headers and Y-pipe. I want to run Magnaflow bullet-style cats with the Y-pipe, but in all the installed pics I have seen it doesn't look like there is much room. Is there room to weld in the cats or does anyone have pics of where they welded in cats with this system? Also, has anyone had their truck dynoed after installing the Pacesetters? Just wondering where they stand compared to ARH, Kooks, SW.
Thanks.

·
secret squirrel
TrailblazerSS
1,280 Posts
i think they are all pretty close as far as HP on a dyno if your naturally aspirated. i bought some small 3" bullet type cats to install in the Y pipe when i get a chance. im sure its possible, a few vendors made them and then stopped making them. dont know why.....:2cents::burp:

·
Registered
2008 Saab 97x Aero
906 Posts
Magnaflow bullet style cats would work. My buddy just ordered lt's cats and having a ypipe fabbed up...

·
Registered
2006 TrailblazerSS
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had Magnaflow Spun-Cats installed in my Y-pipe on tuesday. Truck is in the shop, or I would get some pics.

here's a link http://www.jegs.com/i/Magnaflow/642/59959/10002/-1

They're only 8" long. It took some cutting/fabbing, but they fit. One is left-to-right in front of the crossmember, the other is just forward of the merge in the Y.
Yeah, those are the cats I was planning on using. I was just curious if there was enough clearance between the trans pan and crossmember. Thanks for the info.

·
stupid white guy
TrailblazerSS
4,887 Posts
Yeah, those are the cats I was planning on using. I was just curious if there was enough clearance between the trans pan and crossmember. Thanks for the info.
It took some cutting/fitting, but they fit. I'll post pics when I can.

·
secret squirrel
TrailblazerSS
1,280 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts