Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an install question for this unit.
PAC says to install behind head unit, but I have read where several members from this site installed it at the factory amp instead.

I don't understand how that will work since the pin-outs for the connect at the head unit and at the amp are different.

Someone help me out

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS AWD
1,414 Posts
Looking at this soon myself. :popcorn3:

·
stupid white guy
TrailblazerSS
4,887 Posts
I installed mine at the amp behind right hand cargo interior panel....works great

I will tell you though, to find a remote turn on from somewhere else....it was enough voltage to power up an old Kicker amp I had, but wasn't enough on a newer model amp.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
166 Posts
I just installed one yesturday at the BOSE amp in the rear and it works perfect! The pink wire from the factory side of the wire harness was able to provide enough juice to kick on my new MTX JH300 Jackhammer. Are you guys using the front or rear RCA's from the PAC. I used the front's and it seems to sound fine. Should I have used the rears?

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
166 Posts
Son of a gun! I thought I read on here that folks were using the fronts, being that our systems send more bass to the fronts.... I really don't want to pull the rear panels again. Will I notice a significant difference?

·
Premium Member
2007 Black TBSS
2,687 Posts
When I used the rear I didnt get any bass so had use the front channel.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just installed one yesturday at the BOSE amp in the rear and it works perfect! The pink wire from the factory side of the wire harness was able to provide enough juice to kick on my new MTX JH300 Jackhammer. Are you guys using the front or rear RCA's from the PAC. I used the front's and it seems to sound fine. Should I have used the rears?
I tested the issue with the pink wire as a turn on.
The pink wire gets 6 volts but when it is connected to the blue wire going into the pac module it converts to 12 volts on the blue remote turn-on coming out of the pac module.

·
Banned
18,856 Posts
I guess it depends on your setup.....I was referring to Stereo Setups in General not Specific top the BOSE in the SS. If the BOse does something different, I am not privy to that info , but 99 times out of 100...you should use the Rears as Bass typically is a Fill Frequency and Putting it on the rear allows you to generically Adjust the level of it as if you had a manual Bass Control.

If the SS is different(which it looks like it is because of the BOSE system)....Then I would go with what is known to work. However....On anything else I would use the rear for any Sub Channels.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Premium Member
TrailBlazer SS
8,344 Posts
Matt, 100% agree.....that's how I would do it---on a normal vehicle.

The Bose is a pita and most I have seen take the front inputs and I simply did what they did---because it worked.

In the past I have pulled from the rears so I could easily limit bass with the fader.

-Mike

1 - 12 of 12 Posts