Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before I go ordering parts and dropping the gas tank, I am safe to assume the replacing the fuel level sensor is going to fix this problem? What's crazy is that this has not been an issue until I got my e-cutout installed, but I filled up my tank on the way home after the install and it didn't register, low fuel light came on, and P0463 CEL. The only thing I can think of is that the power wire was ran directly to the fuse box throught firewall. Maybe something was shorted out or disconnected during the process? It's either that or a major coincedence. BTW, DMH electric cutout is AWESOME!

·
Premium Member
07 2wd TBSS
9,172 Posts
Same code I had and the problem went away with fixing the fuel level sensor

·
Premium Member
06 black awd tbss
5,953 Posts
its not hard if you have a few handy tools. its just time consuming. im getting ready to drop mine out for the second time. sensor i got to replace the factory one i geuss was bad. my gauges doesnt even move off E anymore. i have to fill it and reset my trip just to know how far i can go on a tank of gas. so im gunna order a new one from a vendor on the site here, and install it once i get it. and hopefully it will fix my problem :dunno:

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,401 Posts
I had the same code and fixed it with a new sensor.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm not looking forward to doing it myself, but I also can't see spending $400-$500 for the dealer to do it either.

·
Banned
TrailblazerSS
429 Posts
If you take it to the dealer its a 50% chance it will be fixed.But you could try.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,492 Posts
Mine had the same code and symptoms and was fixed by the sending unit.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,492 Posts
Same thing different wording, I think the part number is SK1158.

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,401 Posts
get the sending unit with the lever that goes in the tank. i had the same code and getting the part from two tons of fun here fixed it.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Before I go ordering parts and dropping the gas tank, I am safe to assume the replacing the fuel level sensor is going to fix this problem? What's crazy is that this has not been an issue until I got my e-cutout installed, but I filled up my tank on the way home after the install and it didn't register, low fuel light came on, and P0463 CEL. The only thing I can think of is that the power wire was ran directly to the fuse box throught firewall. Maybe something was shorted out or disconnected during the process? It's either that or a major coincedence. BTW, DMH electric cutout is AWESOME!

Just got this code on mine this morning on the way to work. Lovely. I've heard that this is a chronic problem with these and the other vehicles that use the same GM parts.

I have dropped my tank on my GN about a hundred times to fix the fuel pump/sending unit, but I think since my TBSS is still under warranty that I'll have good ole Bill Estes and his ASE Certified chronies fix it for free.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just got this code on mine this morning on the way to work. Lovely. I've heard that this is a chronic problem with these and the other vehicles that use the same GM parts.

I have dropped my tank on my GN about a hundred times to fix the fuel pump/sending unit, but I think since my TBSS is still under warranty that I'll have good ole Bill Estes and his ASE Certified chronies fix it for free.
Luckily you're still under warranty. After we get my intake and computers done, this is my next task. I'm not looking forward to it. Mine starts working normally after driving for 2 days or so, but every time I fill up, it acts crazy.

·
Just Win Baby!
06 BLK SS RWD
2,635 Posts
Fuck me! I filled her up today and bam, CEL P0463. :wtf: So, how much does it cost to get her fixed at the dealership?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Looks like I'm in the same boat here with the low fuel light, then back up to over a quarter tank. Today the CEL came on, need to read the code tonight, but probably going to find P0463. And lucky me, just outside of the 3/36 warranty.

·
Premium Member
2006 TrailblazerSS
3,224 Posts
Wow I'm with you all too... same problem! What is it with these trucks???? Seems like one problem after the other =/ NOT COOL!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts