Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
2006 Red Jewel AWD
11,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the truck has thrown P0335 Crankshaft Position Sensor Circuit Failure and everything worked perfectly prior to yanking the engine.

I back tracked sloths wiring, all good!
I followed the flow chart of testing the low reference to Ignition input, all good!
I tested the Igntion input to the sensor output and it tripped the start-up sequence as normal.

This all leads me to buying a new sensor, if anyone else has any ideas, post up and let me know...

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,550 Posts
I dunno. I had the same code so I replaced the sensor. Still get the code even after doing another CASE relearn.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,274 Posts
Steve, not sure if this will help but when I first fired her up she didn't idle normal and after about four cycles it finally threw the P0016 and P0336. I tried to clear the codes but that didn't solve my problem. I then disassembled and noticed the cam chain was off by two teeth and my sensor look as though it was connected but wasn't snapped into place correctly.

·
Premium Member
2006 Red Jewel AWD
11,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
See, in my case the code was instantly, the truck starts and runs fine, the ignition system is all working right, I really do think it's a simple sensor...I don't want to do a case relearn though...soooo lame!

·
Premium Member
2007 TBSS
4,834 Posts
When you take the sensor out push on the cam gear with your figure to make sure its not loose. Someitmes when they throw that code its because the cam bolts have backed out.

·
Premium Member
2006 Red Jewel AWD
11,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
WTF? Do you want to borrow my DashHawk?
:dunno:
I have HPTuners...that is how we found the code...

Is your timing set adjustable? (maybe you skipped a tooth on your chain)
No adjustable timing set and the chain is right...

Mine did this also about 5 months ago... bad sensor!! Don't look at the new one wrong or it will go out as well lol
I agree, I do recall dropping the old one at some point during it's 10 months out of the truck!

When you take the sensor out push on the cam gear with your figure to make sure its not loose. Someitmes when they throw that code its because the cam bolts have backed out.
The crank sensor is in the back of the engine, not the cam sensor...but the cam boots are tight...

·
Premium Member
2007 TBSS
4,834 Posts
If your getting a correlation error I would double check the camshaft position sensor and gear. If your getting crank only type codes I would check the crank sensor and also watch the reluctor wheel while someone turns the engine over. I think spec for run out is something like .030-.040 If the crank was dropped or layed over on the reluctor wheel before installing it would do just like your describign and typically get worse at higher RPM

·
Premium Member
2006 Red Jewel AWD
11,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
See, that's what I figured...endplay is super tight and well within specs, the runout is non-existent, the crank was never out of the block for anything but the machine work and when I installed the main bearings...the crank was always stood on the flexplate mating surface, never laid down...

I really do think it's the sensor, especially knowing I did drop it at some point!

·
Premium Member
2006 Red Jewel AWD
11,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well, it ends up we simply needed to do like 6 case relearns before one actually took! Everything is fine now and the truck is smogged! I haven't been able to update as SEMA consumed every bit of my time all last week! I'm home now and will be getting to Evil this week... :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts