Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
stupid white guy
TrailblazerSS
4,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So.....truck got back on the road on Monday after Pacesetter LT's, catless Y, 3200 RPM Circle D stall, PCMforless wires, NGK TR6 plugs, heat socks, trans cooler added to truck. Also have IEATSRT8 intake, e-fans, 160 tstat, tuned by Alvin, Magnaflow 11229 no res.......

Anyway, today, got off work and headed to the country to put boat in water and go to restaraunt for some drinks. (Boat was at parents house so not hooked to truck cuz i know you will ask). Anyway, I had my friends new Gtech SS and wanted to see what it said would happen in the quarter.

So I got to straight stretch of road, stopped, hit record on Gtech, and flashed TC to 3000-ish and off I went. First gear, 5500-ish RPM and it started breaking up real bad, shifted, and I backed off. CEL was flashing and speedo said "0" which I figured threw the code. Pulled code on Aeroforce and was P0300, which I knew instantly was multiple misfire.

Didn't do any more runs so as not to hurt anything. Got to parents house and was talking to my pops (mechanic for 25+ years but no ECM experience) and he said he was willing to bet it was the plugs......and he wanted to see it happen. So off we went, turned out of dirt road, lined her up, and whaddaya know? P0300 at about 5500-6000 RPMs breaking up bad.

Any advice? Plugs were gapped to .035" as Alvin told me.

Could this be tune.

·
Premium Member
'07 3SS AWD
1,841 Posts
Got nothing for ya, sorry. I know someone else had this issue after installing Pacesetters... Could be the LTs or the tune, idk

gl

·
Me>Matt
6,756 Posts
the truck reading 0 from a dead stop is normal mine does the same thing and doesnt throw codes. could be that u havent retuned the truck since u did all those mods but not sure so bump for ya

·
stupid white guy
TrailblazerSS
4,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I paid for a tune to compensate for two weeks then I drive to NC on the 8th. Regardless, something is wrong.......

·
stupid white guy
TrailblazerSS
4,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Damn, no one can offer any info on this?

Guys on the local forum are telling me to change the wires back to stock. I find it hard to believe that the wires are the culprit.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
4,185 Posts
Sounds like one of the wires isnt on all the way or making a good connection on the spark plug end of it. The back and front on the left hand side are tuff to make click sometimes. I double check everything. Another guy here said his pace setter headers didnt fit very well and he was burning through the plug wires.

·
stupid white guy
TrailblazerSS
4,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well I have pcmforless wires and heat socks, not worried about the wires. I will check the connections.

Put Aeroforce on misfires, floored it, and had 160 misfires on cylinder number 8 in about 20 seconds.

·
Registered
Trailblazer SS
155 Posts
im not sure what your problem is but i know i had a mustang 5.0 that was doing the same thing and the problem was a wire geting to close the header and arching at high rpm. i know you said you have heat socks but its worth a try and the speedo always stays at 0mph when you launch with a stall.
hope you figure it cause im sure its irrataing.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
4,185 Posts
Well I have pcmforless wires and heat socks, not worried about the wires. I will check the connections.

Put Aeroforce on misfires, floored it, and had 160 misfires on cylinder number 8 in about 20 seconds.
You used dry lithium lube right? not delectic grease?

·
stupid white guy
TrailblazerSS
4,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You used dry lithium lube right? not delectic grease?
I didn't do the install, but I told the guy not too. Also there was a sticker on the bag, so I doubt he did.

It's coolin off now, I'll go play with it in a while.

·
stupid white guy
TrailblazerSS
4,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well, with it being number 8 I don't wanna go that far yet. Swapped wire this morning and no change. Gonna swap coil tonight when it cools down and check that. New plug tomorrow if I have to, and after that, I don't have a clue.

Thanks

1 - 20 of 27 Posts