Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed a week ago. Had my tune updated by pcmofnc for headers and the fwi and ls7 mad. Truck runs strong but noticed that sometimes when idling it will do a quick stutter every once in a while but nothing that effects drivability. Just now these codes were thrown. I did search with not much help as most say to clean the mad. So assuming I could have a maf issue?Where should I look?

·
Premium Member
'08 TrailblazerSS
2,987 Posts
You're running rich. Your tune probably just needs some tweaking. I would do some data logging and send it to pcm and have them look at.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I cleared it. And it stayed away. Then on way home from a small trip truck started running like crap and sputtering. Now I am getting a misfire cylinder 2 code and the cel will flash then go away.

·
Premium Member
2008 Black TBSS
3,538 Posts
check the plug wires. sounds like one may have melted
I agree. Which headers do you have? Did you get new plug wires or heat socks? Those are critical with 1 7/8" headers.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Xs headers. Msd wires with socks. At least it's isolated to one cylinder. I'm gonna go pull the plug and wire and see what we got. Swap the coil to another cylinder and see if the problem follows the coil.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Think that may have been the issue right here.....

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,679 Posts
Ill bet money that its the wire. I went through 4 sets of msd wires before I bought the pcm wires. I always kept a few of the msds in the glove box just incase.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You can have this wire lol. That sucks about you having issues with these though! Pcm of nc is too dam far. I was just gonna run to the local parts store and grab another set of these but now I'm hesitant...

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
$$$$. Gonna have to do that.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
K. ALl is kind of well. Replace wire. Ran perfect. No codes. Melted ANOTHER MSD on the #2 a few days later. Ordered PCMofNC wires. Those are on the way.

Well today on my way to lunch another weird thing happened. I was cruising at about 45mph in D and when i went to accelerate, there was a very severe hesitation and more of a severe stutter. I shifted it into 3 and it went away and drove normal. No CEL or anything. After i ate. I got back in it and tried to replicate it and it would only happen in D it seemed. then i floored it in 3 to pass a semi and it was like a violent episode of hesitation to full power to hesitation. No CEL and not the same misfire feeling i was having with the burnt plug wire. I can cruise and it runs normal but its a 50/50 shot if i floor it that it will do this crazy hesitation like its running out of fuel then getting all the fuel at once. what the hell is happening to my truck??!

I havent looked at anything close yet, as i am at work but man, seems like one thing after another as of late.

·
Registered
06 3SS TBSS RWD
882 Posts
I'd look over everything and make sure all is good, replace wires with the PCM wires and socks. You may want to change plugs too , since you are already there . Then, if its still doing it email or call Kelly or who ever at PCM and tell them whats happening. Maybe your tune needs to be adjusted ?

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I just got off work and it's shifting hard as hell and running like shit. Has codes U0101. U0100. P0700. All tcm/pcm loss of comm issues... What the hell. Gonna do some searching. Doesn't sound good. Hopefully it's something sinple

·
Midgets with hammers
'06 TBSS AWD
15,999 Posts
Reseat the connectors on your ECM/TCM and spray some IPA on the pins to clean them and check for corrosion, bent pins, pushed pins. Also check your grounds.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Where is the grounds? Know of one on passenger side head. There's one on driver side somewhere too right?

·
Midgets with hammers
'06 TBSS AWD
15,999 Posts
Drivers side front block to frame under the headers and alt bracket. Also check the grounds on the fender next to the battery.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
K. Thanks. Yesterday was my dads bday so I haven't touched it and left it at his place. Going to check those things after work. If all those things are fine then what?

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well. Cleaned all connections from both pcm and tcm. Pulled wheel to check grounds. All tight and secure. As well as battery connections. Still same symptoms. Both codes u0101 and u0100. So I'd assume whatever powers both of those is where my issue is. I'm at a loss...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts