Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Installed an oil catch can a couple days ago (Inlet to catch can connected to driver side vale cover port near the firewall, and exhaust port on catch can goes to the port on the intake cover). Oil in the exhaust looks quite a bit more diminished than what it was before the catch can.

While driving the CEL appeared so I looked at my Torque software and it shows code P0106. I cleared the code once but when I drove the vehicle again it reappeared.

P0106 code states "Manifold absolute pressure (MAP) sensor barometric pressure (BARO) sensor -range/performance problem"

Anyone else had this issue? I'm running 3/16" fuel line for the $20 eBay catch can. The inlet/outlet ports on the catch can are only like 1/4" ID so will be ordering a 10AN port size catch can in the near future along with 10AN lines.

If it does matter I am running a MAF style intake system and L92 intake.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
112 Posts
I am having similar issues with this. I just installed an LS3 long block with the “Hot cam”. I installed an L92 intake manifold to match the rectangle heads.

I did notice the L92 MAP sensor has an 8V ground output, and the TBSS MAP sensor has a 5V ground output. I initially installed the harness adapter to utilize the L92 MAP sensor, but I get the code with either MAP sensor installed. Does anyone know of an L92 MAP sensor that has a 5V ground output? There are some size differences, but I’m pretty sure adding an O-ring seals the TBSS MAP sensor to the L92 manifold.

If anyone has any thoughts or suggestions, I greatly appreciate it!

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
1,100 Posts
I have a cheap ebay can also but had to modify it some to actually work. Ill send a pic later but what i did is on the can inlet (from valve cover) i extended the tube in the can down 3/4" from the bottom and filled the can with stainless wool not super fine tho, and left the outlet flush at the top. The way i see it if both hoses are flush at the top it will just swirl and get sucked in anyway, this way the oil gets caught in the bottom of the can. Every oil change i get half a spray can lid filled, its the easiest container to get between the ps pump and my drain.

Sent from my boujea ass phone

1 - 3 of 3 Posts