Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
5,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, some of you knew about this, but most others didnt, so I am showing you guys now lol.

As some of you may have seen last year, or those of you who know us, know what Steph and I are super into Rally and RallyCross. We raced the season last year on the ice and were very competitive, even posting better times than cars in higher classes than us. Needless to say, we were pretty excited, and decided to build a more "dedicated" car, rather than just using a mildly modded street car like we did last year. Without further a due, may I present to you the 2011/2012 DoWork RallyX/TSD car:

All work was done by Me, Steph, and several of our friends in the comfort of our own....1 1/2 car garage, over the course of about 5 months. The car was stripped down to a shell, stitch welded, caged, and reassembled. Many LATE nights were spent on it as it was a long, stressful process, but I think it turned out well. There are a few minor issues that still need to be taken care of, but all in all, I am very excited about the car. Many one off parts were created to make a lot of my ideas work, but it was all worth it in the end.

We plan to race this in SCCA and local RallyX events this fall, winter, spring, and summer to get a feel for things, and then building another car for Rally America for 2013.

The rundown:

2006 WRX TR

Suspension/Brakes:

-04 STi OE springs
-D-Specs Struts
-GpN Hats
-Jackson Rally Strut Top Spacers, 1"
-Adj. Trailing Arms and Lats
-Custom RSB mount/spacer
-Custom adjustable FSB endlinks
-Powerslot Rotors
-CarboTech Xp10 pads

Other Crap:

-EJ257 SB
-TD04-19T
-Mishimoto Radiator
-SSAC TMIC
-Samco hoses/inlet
-Synic EL header
-Grimmspeed 3port/Hallman ProRX Hybrid BCS
-HKS DP
-Custom Catback
-Walboro FP
-SPT Clutch/flywheel
-Cobb APv2 w/custom tune by yours truly.
-GrpN Trans/Motor Mounts
-Caged
-Custom Handbrake
-Extended/modded KartBoy Shifter
-"Flocked" Dash and Custom Door Skins
-Relocated Window Switches in a custom CF panel
-Hella Map Light
-CF Radio Delete with Master kill, switches for lighting, ABS, Windshield Washers, etc.
-DRT Components Flaps
-STRi Sequential Shift Light/Alarm

Underbody:

-Primitive Front Skidplate, 1/4" with "stinger tail" Trans Guard
-Primitive Uparmored Mini Rear Diff guard, 1/4" Total thickness

Lighting:

-Custom Light/Crash Bar
-Hella 500 Driving lights
-Hella 500FF Side/Ditch Lighting
-Hella 700FF Fog Lights

And of course, Graphics by US!!!

We cant wait to begin practice/suspension tuning in the next week(once I get caught up on vinyl). If you wish to learn more about the car, see event schedules, track our progress, or just check out pics, search for DoWorkRallyX on FB and "like" us. Theres not much there now, but we are working on it!

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
5,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys.

I forgot to mention....we "unveiled" the car at the areas largest car show this last weekend. I now have a first place trophy on the vinyl desk :D lol

This was a fun project....Steph and I learned a LOT throughout this, and, oddly enough....we cant wait to do it again.

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
5,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Is that thing hard to drive? You must have really good grip !

/jerk
You know it guy!

We were still waiting on the wheel and QD when that pic was taken.....I think the UPS decided to molest it for a day or two before handing it over. You should have seen the box....It looked like it went through a war lol

·
Premium Member
TBSS 3SS
1,991 Posts
Pretty sweet ride you got there. :kewlpics:

You must go through a lot of tires. Got a video of start up? would love to hear/see it.

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
5,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks man!

No idea on the tires yet, but I am sure we will go through quite a few sets. We are hoping to move to a 15" wheel and gravel tires soon, but these will have to do for now.

As for a video, all I have is this. Its a quick rev/idle vid a friend of mine shot a while back:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwwtoKS8D04

I will see if I can get a few more. Maybe some 2Step/Fireball action....but I think I need to feel out my news neighbors first.....lol

·
trailer park living.
TrailblazerSS
16,328 Posts
:iamwithstupid:

I was told that the stars on the emblem stand for the companies that own subaru. Any truth to this?

1 - 20 of 95 Posts