Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to get an H1 kit for high beams and H7 kit for low beams, along with an 880 kit for the factory fogs.

I need to know exactly what I need to order from ddmtuning. Can I run 55watt in all of them?

What are these adapter cables, hid harness's, and error code eliminators? These are all listed under the options when I go to order the kits.

Do I need some type of adapter cables to hook the hid ballast boxes into the factory headlight/fog lights wiring!?!?

So confused.

·
Premium Member
07 2wd TBSS
9,172 Posts
I have the halos with 8K lows and fogs 35W and they match the halos as close as possible color wise and with no code eliminators I never had a problem with my HID's on my stock headlights, and do be honest 55W is alittle too much IMO I never really have to use the highs anyways and if I do I have the regular stock bulb

we have a thread in the lighting section dedicated to those with halos

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the halos with 8K lows and fogs 35W and they match the halos as close as possible color wise and with no code eliminators I never had a problem with my HID's on my stock headlights, and do be honest 55W is alittle too much IMO I never really have to use the highs anyways and if I do I have the regular stock bulb

we have a thread in the lighting section dedicated to those with halos
Do I need adapter harness's since I will be running H1 and H7 bulbs? Since obviously those arent the factory bulbs.

·
Premium Member
07 2wd TBSS
9,172 Posts
I have H1 HID's for lows only and I don't run any adapter or any extra harness I also have a friend with a 06 standard Trailblazer he has lows and highs HID's with his halos and no harness or adapters so you should be fine

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have H1 HID's for lows only and I don't run any adapter or any extra harness I also have a friend with a 06 standard Trailblazer he has lows and highs HID's with his halos and no harness or adapters so you should be fine

Cool....will 55w be ok in the fogs or will they create too much heat?

·
Premium Member
07 2wd TBSS
9,172 Posts
Cool....will 55w be ok in the fogs or will they create too much heat?
WAY too much heat for that tiny space! if you want more lighting from
the fogs get with mike JeTTstream on here and I am not sure but he might still have a few Blazer style fog housings that give out plenty of light power versus our stock ones few here have them and love them and is a simple upgrade that works

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,980 Posts
WAY too much heat for that tiny space! if you want more lighting from
the fogs get with mike JeTTstream on here and I am not sure but he might still have a few Blazer style fog housings that give out plenty of light power versus our stock ones few here have them and love them and is a simple upgrade that works
never quite understood what these actually were. you know where i can find a few pictures?

·
Premium Member
TBSS 3SS
1,991 Posts
:iamwithstupid:
Buy the entire package from Jetttstream, you will not be disappointed in the light output of the new foglights + 35Watt HID.

As far as what to buy, check out the post in the lighting sections or visit Jetttstream download page for how-to instructions + drawings. Click here

Here are my pics with 35 Watt HID Lows + New 35Watt HID Foglights.

HID Lows on/Fog lights off

HID Lows on/Fog Lights on

Original Post

·
Yes... I know I'm short
'07 TBSS 2WD
7,017 Posts
I want to get an H1 kit for high beams and H7 kit for low beams, along with an 880 kit for the factory fogs.

I need to know exactly what I need to order from ddmtuning. Can I run 55watt in all of them?

What are these adapter cables, hid harness's, and error code eliminators? These are all listed under the options when I go to order the kits.

Do I need some type of adapter cables to hook the hid ballast boxes into the factory headlight/fog lights wiring!?!?

So confused.
I'm glad you chose the halos! Go with Low beam and fog light 35w kit from Jettt, you don't need adaptors just get the hard wire harness that way only one will need to connect to the stock bulb connection for the HIDs to know when to turn on. In other words, it gets power directly from the battery. Don't fool with an HID high beam kit, if you ever need to flash your high beams, it won't work because the HIDs need to warm up...

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,980 Posts
Mine flash alright, it's just not good for them. If I need to flash i only flash once or twice but mine also warm up pretty quick. Definitely bright enough. I can see a quarter mile away clearly with my quad beam xenon setup :rofl:

·
Registered
2006 White AWD
912 Posts
I'm glad you chose the halos! Go with Low beam and fog light 35w kit from Jettt, you don't need adaptors just get the hard wire harness that way only one will need to connect to the stock bulb connection for the HIDs to know when to turn on. In other words, it gets power directly from the battery. Don't fool with an HID high beam kit, if you ever need to flash your high beams, it won't work because the HIDs need to warm up...
I'm about to buy these Halos but I'm confused about the bulbs. JETTT doesn't sell HID H7 or H1s on his site, all I see is our original 9005/9006. And where do you get the hard wire harness you mentioned? I agree with keeping Highs as sock for emergency flashing.

On another note, with these Halos installed what acts as the DRL? Can you make the actual Halos be the DRL or would I need a DRL killer and simply wire Halos for them to be on all the time.

Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I ordered my hids from ddmtuning. As for the halo you have to wire them however you want. On always, on with parking lights, or flash with blinker. I have the drl killer from jetttstream and am wiring the halos as parking lights.

·
Yes... I know I'm short
'07 TBSS 2WD
7,017 Posts
I'm about to buy these Halos but I'm confused about the bulbs. JETTT doesn't sell HID H7 or H1s on his site, all I see is our original 9005/9006. And where do you get the hard wire harness you mentioned? I agree with keeping Highs as sock for emergency flashing.

On another note, with these Halos installed what acts as the DRL? Can you make the actual Halos be the DRL or would I need a DRL killer and simply wire Halos for them to be on all the time.

Thanks for any info.
I ordered H7 bulbs from Jettt to replace the 9006 ones I had and my HID kit is a Jettt kit. The DRLs are the same as stock, the low beams. I'm sure you could wire it up some way, but it would be a chore. The hard wire harness is also an option with the Jettt HID kits.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,980 Posts
I ordered my hids from ddmtuning. As for the halo you have to wire them however you want. On always, on with parking lights, or flash with blinker. I have the drl killer from jetttstream and am wiring the halos as parking lights.
for on always, did you use fuse 22 in the engine fuse box? i wanna go this route but not sure where to put the hot

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
for on always, did you use fuse 22 in the engine fuse box? i wanna go this route but not sure where to put the hot
You could tap into any fuse that has power only when the key is on. I tied mine into the parking lights as I wanted to be able to control them on and off...

I think the halos might look weird lit up without the led parking light bar lit up as well....atleast I imagine it that way lol.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts