Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
08 TrailblazerSS 2wd
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I've beat at this over and over. But I'm going to do heads and cam I've already got 17/8 kooks and a yank sstb3600. My initial plain was to get the wcch l92 heads from Alvin. But I just dunno if I can spend that much all at once so I'm thinking about getting a attitude cam then in a fiew months getting some trick flows or something. My questions are which would make more power? Could I buy the heads bare and change over the valve springs and stuff that I would be getting with the attitude?
If the wcch l92 setup would be best I'll just wait but what's some opinions

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
3,039 Posts
I would go with l92 heads and pcmforless cam... You can get it as a package deal there too

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
4,185 Posts
There is still alot to do to a L92 head to make it work on our trucks. By the time you have the ported and milled to the proper cc you will have more in them than the package.

Trick flow are great heads but cost 2200-2700 depend on whats done and how there done. You will also have to purchase 300-400 extra in rocker arms for these heads.

The L92 will also set you to go bigger without touching the head again. The bigger the cubes the more the L92 heads will like it.

·
Premium Member
2007 TBSS AWD
31,503 Posts
L92 setup will come out slightly cheaper than the TFS CNC setup. If you are on a budget, I would go with a cam spec'd for cathedrals and get some TFS 220cc as cast heads, or forgo the ported L92s and just use some stock L92s with springs. You will need an L92 manifold too if you go that route.

·
Registered
08 TrailblazerSS 2wd
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I want the best setup possible I just wondered if getting a attitude then some porter heads would work as well as a l92 wcch setup would. Ya know do it in steps rather than all at once

·
Premium Member
2007 TBSS AWD
31,503 Posts
Well I want the best setup possible I just wondered if getting a attitude then some porter heads would work as well as a l92 wcch setup would. Ya know do it in steps rather than all at once
You can make just as much power with good cathedrals and the right cam as an L92 setup.

·
Registered
973 Posts
If you go with stock L92's you're getting a lot of flow for rediculous low price. Thats the benefit of going to those heads. Once you get in to porting that cost benefit goes out the window.

·
Premium Member
2007 TBSS
4,834 Posts
Shoot me a email I can likely get you into something now that will work good now and even better when you upgrade later

·
Premium Member
2007 TBSS AWD
31,503 Posts
But, don't you have to run off-set rocker arms on the TF's? If so, then there isn't much difference once you buy a good set of rockers. :dunno:
You dont have to run offset rockers. It has been suggested to run roller rockers with them on cams with .600+ lift. I have seen them run with stock rockers without issue too.

Any of the good setups will cost you about the same when all is said and done. You need the offset rockers for L92s.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts