Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Silver SS
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am pretty new to all this but want some mods on my SS. I was looking at this site and saw a Hypertech programmer and the other was Autotap Flashe scan. Any input on these are they ok, are they ez to deal with???

My SS is stock with no mods, I want to start with a programmer, CAI, and headers and exhaust.

·
Premium Member
2007 AWD 3SS
8,588 Posts
If it's a 2007, your limited to HP Tuners or the more expensive EFI Live with new updates to work for 2007.

·
Registered
2006 TBSS
820 Posts
One of the things thats a pain in the ass with HPT is that you have to do a "write entire" everytime you have a new tune. and believe me.. I have a new tune every hour. :D. Write entire takes like 3-4 minutes.. but I'm an impatient S-O-B..

·
Registered
122 Posts
One of the things thats a pain in the ass with HPT is that you have to do a "write entire" everytime you have a new tune. and believe me.. I have a new tune every hour. :D. Write entire takes like 3-4 minutes.. but I'm an impatient S-O-B..
I also use HPT. You don't have to "write entire" everytime you upload a new tune you just do a flash takes about 20 seconds.

·
Registered
2006 TBSS
820 Posts
Ahh cool; so far you are one of the few without this issue. Or is this fixed? Anyone who has this issue, chime in.

·
Premium Member
2007 AWD 3SS
8,588 Posts
Ahh cool; so far you are one of the few without this issue. Or is this fixed? Anyone who has this issue, chime in.
Well, One thing is for sure, I'll let you know how it goes with mine. :)

I just received my tracking number, said the HPT will be here around the 28th.

·
The Worlds my Playground
4,823 Posts
I am pretty new to all this but want some mods on my SS. I was looking at this site and saw a Hypertech programmer and the other was Autotap Flashe scan. Any input on these are they ok, are they ez to deal with???

My SS is stock with no mods, I want to start with a programmer, CAI, and headers and exhaust.

Call these people and see if its supported yet...

Superchips:
http://superchips.com/products.php?pk=24&pvk=60&cmk=428&pname=1996-2007+Chevy%2C+GMC%2C+Cadillac%2C+Hummer%2C+Pickups+%26+SUVs

Diablosport:
http://www.diablosport.com/index.php?module=htmlpages&func=display&pid=83
-or-
http://www.diablosport.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewforum&f=17

Other info:
http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=368718

·
Premium Member
2007 TBSS
4,834 Posts
I've got the beta for the 07TBSS with efilive, it is also working and pretty sweet. I also have Hptuners.. nice to have both because theres somethings you can do with one that the other will not do and visa versa.

·
The Worlds my Playground
4,823 Posts
I've got the beta for the 07TBSS with efilive, it is also working and pretty sweet. I also have Hptuners.. nice to have both because theres somethings you can do with one that the other will not do and visa versa.

Welcome to the site Alvin... I missed your call on friday, I'll call you monday.

·
Premium Member
2007 TBSS
4,834 Posts
Welcome to the site Alvin... I missed your call on friday, I'll call you monday.
Sweet, hate to tell you but i'm going to the next town over to knock out some cars for a shop. If i'm not around leave a message. Kelly might be able to help you also.. Don't let her fool you.. she holds a couple ASE's, rebuilt the rear in one of my race cars and installed a cam package in 2 of our own cars already..

·
Premium Member
2007 AWD 3SS
8,588 Posts
Surprisingly, although my HP T is supposed to be delivered tomorrow, I got a message from Superchips asking if I would be available next week for testing their 2007 product.

I think I'll work with them since they are going to do dyno testing, will give me a good baseline to work with HP Tuners with to get it dialed in.

Plus, I might get a superchips programmer out of the deal, would be cool anyway.

·
The Worlds my Playground
4,823 Posts
Surprisingly, although my HP T is supposed to be delivered tomorrow, I got a message from Superchips asking if I would be available next week for testing their 2007 product.
I think I'll work with them since they are going to do dyno testing, will give me a good baseline to work with HP Tuners with to get it dialed in.

Plus, I might get a superchips programmer out of the deal, would be cool anyway.

I would do that in a heartbeat... Free tuning, free dyno, free anything is always good....(except for that sts tb guy a while back)

·
Premium Member
2007 AWD 3SS
8,588 Posts
Done...I now have the SuperChips tuner for my 2007 TBSS. (I have the first beta).

It works, and I compared the tune to the stock, there were less changes than I expected. Gives me a good sense of direction on what way to go.

·
The Worlds my Playground
4,823 Posts
Done...I now have the SuperChips tuner for my 2007 TBSS. (I have the first beta).

It works, and I compared the tune to the stock, there were less changes than I expected. Gives me a good sense of direction on what way to go.
What changes were you able to make? Any TCM support? What were your final #'s?

·
Premium Member
2007 AWD 3SS
8,588 Posts
I am able to make tire size changes, tune mode changes (performance/tow/stock/stock with options).

Some of the options:
1-2 shift speed and 1st gear trans pressure changes (0-5MPH up or down and 0-24 PSI up or down), the same for 2-3 and the same for 3-4.

You can also set the max speed limit on or off, as well as set the Rev Limiter up or down a few hundred RPMs.

My SuperChips base performance tune run from 0-60 was 5.9 seconds. I tested it with the stock tune before and it was like 6.8 seconds, so that's a big difference for me (it's AWD, so the times may seem a little slow to those with 2WD's)

·
Premium Member
2007 AWD 3SS
8,588 Posts
Blades, this is my write calibration story so far:

I did a few tunes today, did a write entire first time, no problems. Then I did some driving and changed a few things and did a write calibration...it gave me a communications failed error after the erase and before starting the write. I did a write entire right after that with no problems.

Does that sound something like your experiences?

·
Premium Member
2006 TBSS 3SS
17,596 Posts
Blades, this is my write calibration story so far:

I did a few tunes today, did a write entire first time, no problems. Then I did some driving and changed a few things and did a write calibration...it gave me a communications failed error after the erase and before starting the write. I did a write entire right after that with no problems.

Does that sound something like your experiences?
I was not doing write entire back in November with my version. Have not wrote anything for a while as I am running a canned tune right now.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts