Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the 2006 TBSS have an on-board event data recorder? If so, what information does it store? I have put in a claim with my insurance company for windstorm damage and they're asking me to sign a consent form for them to check my on-board event data recorder. I've not been in any accidents, so they certainly won't find any accident that they can blame the damage on.

Secondly, my vehicle's heavily modified, so should that be a concern of mine? It's completely separate from my claim, but wondering if they're looking for something they can use to deny my claim.

·
Hater
Duh
9,207 Posts
The vehicle was damaged by a windstorm and you’re worried about them blaming your modifications? The only thing worry you should have is if it’s totaled that they’ll never cover everything you have wrapped up in modifications. Was it parked when this occurred?
I Would just let them do their thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, was parked when the damage occurred and it's obvious by looking at it that it's not been in an accident. We're talking about a couple dings and several scratches worth of damage.

I just think it seems odd that they're asking to look at the data recorder. I was more so wondering if having mods could be a reason for them to deny the claim.

I've already been quoted under $4k by a body shop, so I'd guess that it's far off from being able to be totaled out over the damage.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts