Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took the SS to to the GM quick lube where I had Oil changed done on a regular basis.
Noticed that on this trip instead of M1 Synthetic 5w-30 they put M1 Synthetic 10w-30..

I am not well versed in oil weights, but should i worry about the difference?

Thanks.

·
Hooked on speed
06 Trailblazer SS
3,099 Posts
No need to worry 'til the temps get below zero. That's all I run in mine year round.

·
Registered
06 Trailblazer SS
502 Posts
10w-30 in mine but I'm in OK. We actually hit -27 last year on one morning (VERY RARE).

Next change you may go back to 5w since you are up north and if you drive it year round.

·
Premium Member
2008 TrailblazerSS
12,864 Posts
That should be fine for the summer and fall months. After that, I'd go back with either
5w-30 or 0w-20 full synthetic. The 0w-20 is harder to find, but is designed for tighter spec'ed engine assembly builds. Not sure if our engines fall in this category. I dont see it hurting it any.

Jim

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Glad to hear that there will be no ill effects from 10w-30.. I actually called the dealer and talked with the manager.. He stated that the as long as the oil is synthetic it will be fine and now that it is "technically summer here in seattle" 10w-30 maybe more beneficial during the summer season.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts